• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Moving Pro Skid to Assault Position

F
Oct 20, 2015
North Pole Alaska
Like the title says I'm looking for information on moving the skid to the lower assault hole. Reason for doing this, I bought the wrong sled for how I ride and doing what I like to do, figured the RMK would wheelie like my Summit did. Definitely does not! (No not even with the hard front shock and loose rear). Now without everyone going off on why or why not to wheelie, lets stay on point. I've heard that it can stab the track in this location but that seemed to mostly be for the 15 and previous years, and only for the folks running it loose.

So to answer my question, will the lower hole make a difference in transfer? Will it stab my track if I'm keeping proper tension? Any other things to be aware of?

Also if I recall correctly to move a skid you just need to drill the hole, loosed up the rear and then move it down? or am I missing a step?

I
Nov 26, 2007
It will wheelie/trench more. Anti stab kit is cheap insurance.

Have you tried letting out the limiter strap?

F
Oct 20, 2015
North Pole Alaska
I put my summit strap in which had inches of freeplay, and even that made 0 difference. Where can I get an anti stab kit? I don't know a ton about those, are they like AXYS specific? or is it some kind of universal part?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Is there enough strap to drill a new hole?
Not really the way its designed, there is only one strap so it doubles back on itself kinda for strength. You wouldnt be able to do that if you lengthened it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
Drill the new hole out, move the skid down. Strap moves with the skid. Nothing else to do. You don't need anti stab as you are not cutting off your rail tips.

F
Oct 20, 2015
North Pole Alaska
No way to regear that I know of with the quick drive belt. And I've already tried the shocks. Didn't help at all. Unless these some kind of technique. With the summit you just slam the gas and it would put the skis in the sky. I'd love it if I could get my Axys to be similar to that. If not oh well still a great sled in pretty much every other way

Last edited:
F
Oct 20, 2015
North Pole Alaska
There isn't your normal gear setup with a belt drive. Also I have my sled at the dealer right now addressing the reverse switch issue, they're also going to give it a check over, and move my skid down for me. So hopefully it'll all work out. Just need some dang snow now. Got maybe 2 inches here in Fairbanks Alaska.

Premium Features