• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What are your Trailer Mods?

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
Posted this before but here it is again.
fully insulated underneath as well
Convertor for 110 and 12volt
32,000 btu with drying rack and ducted to rear for even heat dist
Stereo with crappy speakers
racks and shelves as much as possible
twin 12volt batt's
could use a window......my pal has one and it is great for natural light
work bench
superclamps
underbelly propane tank
superglides
Continental full aluminum with hardwall
Paid 15 cnd and put 5 k into it.
Good investment IMO

Attachments

• trailer heat and drying rack.jpg
    trailer heat and drying rack.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 468
  • trailer interior sled.jpg
    trailer interior sled.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 490
B
The batteries we use are the same batteries my dad uses in his RV for his coach batteries. Some special gel something or other, ie. expensive and heavy! But the work well. 6v hooked up in series to give 12v to the trailer. You can't see it but we also have a plug in for a generator outside where we hook up a 2k watt honda to power the 110v lights.

The heater is a suburban 35K (or 45K? I don't remember) RV furnace. I understand that it can be mounted horizontally (like we have it) or vertically with a 90* exhaust tube.

The Polaris has cat decals because I like my sleds to stand out!

Chris.

S
Jul 8, 2008
Butte, MT
Need advise...

Does anyone have some pictures of how their wiring looks with regards to the batteries, inverter and relay? Any suggestions on brand/model of inverter or relay? Also, what are you using for a charger if you want to set up your trailer to be able to plug into a generator or an outlet at home? Any special connections required to accept a female plug at the trailer.

Thanks in advance for your advise!

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
As for an isolator, if you want something cheap and easy that wont drain your trucks juice, can easily connect/disconnect, and still have battery power without the truck to run smaller stuff like lights, stereo, etc.. I just took a female 7 way trailer plug and recessed it into the diamond plate tounge cover on my mirage and wired my trailer up so all my smaller low amp draw accesories could still be run with or without a pickup hooked up, still have switchable 12v power by either your onboard battery setup on the trailer, and not rely on battery power from your truck like most trailers come setup from the factory. Kinda nice to have both, and when you plug in your trailer to your truck it will charge up your batteries still.

Mine has your usual stainless workbench with all kinds of cubbies, storage, and a full 5 drawer tool box, along with some cabinet storage also.

H
Dec 4, 2007
I have a 24' Haulin car hauler (interior is a full 24' x 8'4" x 6'6") I installed custom cabinets,a 4000 watt genny,some folding tables, lighting and heat. I also found a crockpot that looks like a helmet (Propots) for the chili and even bring a coffeemaker. I added a light coat of silica sand in the last coat of floor paint to make it non slip.I carry some folding camp chairs for BS sessions and made some curtains for the dropdown rear door and the side door out of clear marine grade vinyl held in place with velcro.I use it for my ice racing (drags). The trailer hauls 2 longtrack drag sleds,a FIII trail sled, my race cooldown cart and my Arctic Cat 4x4 with a plow.Plus all the stands,spare parts,tools,propane heater and spare tire.Everything has floor mounted E track for tie downs and everything has it's own spot.

Premium Features