• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Winter Tire Recommendations

G
Dec 6, 2007
Hello,
We sled from Calgary to either Golden or Revy and are looking for a highly recommened winter tire for a light truck. Mostly concerned with icy traction.

Thank you.

Check out Treadwright Inc. They make a retreaded tire with carbide chips in the tread. Most any size. They are also pinned for studs. I have run a set now for 3 years and am very pleased. You can also run them in the summer legally as well.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Grande Prairie
I ran the Toyo G-force winter tire last winter and I love them. Pulling away at icy intersections you would swear you were in 4x4. If we get any snow this year I will run them again.

Anvil

S
Sep 10, 2005
Grand Junction, CO
I switched to Blizzaks a couple of years ago and they work great. Better than studs and they don't spin on wet roads like studs. I won't use anything else. Just can't run them in summer. A bit pricey but worth every penny on icy roads.

A
Nov 26, 2007
eugene, oregon
i ran studs for 25 years, switched to blizzaks, very happy. less noise and you can run them early or late in the season past the legal stud dates. might get 4 seasons out of them. :rolleyes:

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
Pro Comp All Terrains...I love them. I will definately be buying them again!

M
Nov 26, 2007
Ponoka, AB
Another vote for the Blizzaks, they are the best tire for icey conditions I have ever used. They work really well for the road conditions that you will face on the Trans Canada in the winter months. Just make sure you take them off for the summer as they disapear really quickly in the hot temps.

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
Hello,
We sled from Calgary to either Golden or Revy and are looking for a highly recommened winter tire for a light truck. Mostly concerned with icy traction.

Thank you.

cooper discover mud and snows studded if possible--used them for 5 years and have never found anything i like better and WE SELL tires

Premium Features