• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Throttle stuck wide open? Help please

S
Jan 8, 2015
Washington
I have an 08 dragon 800 twisted turbo, my throttle cable frayed and was stuck wide open. After replacing the cable it is still stuck wide open, I know the cable is working properly now so what else could be causing this? Possibly vaccum lines being backwards or maybe an issue with the throttle position sensor? Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Last edited:

RDS88

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Disconnect throttle cable at the thumb end. If is still does it then you know the look down at the throttle bodies where the cable goes make sure its not hanging up somewhere.

RDS88

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Good be the TPS Sensor. The end that attaches to the throttle bodies is that adjusted properly?

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
If the cable is not the problem it must have something to due with the throttle bodies, bent/sticking linkage would be where I'd start to look.

ez-ryder

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Dawson Creek B.C.
It doesn't have the oil rod.
It has the dual cable design.
I don't think a stuck pump arm will hold the throttle open in this case. I've had my pump stick before throttle was fine

S
Jan 8, 2015
Washington
Update: the TPS came unplugged, after plugging it back in it wont start unless I'm giving it a little bit of gas then once it is started the throttle is really touchy. (let off the throttle it dies, give it a little gas and it revs up high) do I need to adjust something?

RDS88

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Hard to say. You would need to know if your TPS numbers are correct. Then I would suggest making sure the end of the cable that attaches to the throttle bodies is in correctly and the jam nut is tight. Also make sure the line that runs down to the oil pump is functioning properly.

High idling could also mean an air leak at the throttle body boot somewhere

Premium Features