• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Race Chassis Brake Lever compatible with M-series Brake line?

A
Jan 16, 2008
Does anyone know if you can swap out the brake lever master cylinder assembly on the M-sereis with one from the SnoPro Chassis and still be able to use the stock M-series Brake line? or do i need to get the brake line from the SnoPro as well?

A
Jan 16, 2008
03-07 racer brake will not match up, I tried last year. Not sure about 08+
Looks as if the Racer brake is the same all the way through to 2011 according to the parts fische i looked at.

What if i get the Brake line as well? Will it thread into the M-series Caliper?

This is on 2011 M-series. I have a RSI Handlebar setup and i need a smaller brake lever assembly because it mounts awkward on the RSI bars.

BCIL, didn't you have a similiar setup on your old sled? what did you do for the brake and throttle block. i got a throttle block from a SnoPro, but the throttle lever and throttle cable do not match up well so i had to take the thottle lever from the stock M-series cluster and use that. it works but i am worried about the way the cable is coming out of the throttle block. looks to be rubbing a bit, hoping it doesn't start to fraye.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I did the same for the throttle, it worked well, ran it about 600 miles. I do run a finger throttle though (the RIGHT way to run a throttle:D) so that may have been different.

The brake was farther out than I wanted (which is why I tried the one from my racer) I'd guess if I stole the whole line it'd work, but not sure on the distance.

I lost my bar setup in the slide, so I need to come up with a new setup, and no longer have the throttle to steal from my racer so I'm in the same boat.

The wildchild post just showed up today, got the risers in the shop, and was waiting for the carbon RSI bars to come back in stock, so I'll be slapping it together soon.

A
Jan 16, 2008
So the brake line from the race chassis will thread into the m-series caliper?

With the RSI bars you will find that the brake lever is both too long and leaves no space for your fingers behind it when you grab the lever. Meaning you can,t grab enough brake because your remaing fingers wrapped around the bar are
in the way. Found this while jumping a wind lip and landed tail happy cause I couldn't grab enough brake to slow my track. Also the lever is so long that I needed to mount it at the start of where the bars bend down, which angles the brake lever at an awkward axis, it no longer runs parallel with the straight section of the bar.

I got a chopped steering post with a t top from akmodshop with a 5" riser and the backcountry bars. I like the setup, just need to figure out this brake lever deal. It is a bit more work and $$ than I anticipated, but I had to do something I didn't like where the adjustable steering post positioned the bars in you gut.

Premium Features