• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Super hate my new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
That clocking page is confusing. Still not sure what they are looking for. I think it does not apply to mine, as I never took the handle off the rope.

snoblind04

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Western Wyoming
The knot in the starter has a 30 degree range when the rope is at rest.

I think it's so the pawl won't bounce around as much. But that's just a guess.

On my 18 it wore the end of the pawl off.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Same issue here. Picked up my sled from the dealer back in October, maybe only started it once or twice, went to Cooke for the first ride a couple weekends ago and 5 miles down the trail shut the sled off to put up my scratchers and talk to my group. I went to pull the rope to start it and nothing... luckily my shot start worked so that didn't end the day. My left hand warmer doesn't work and it won't pull more than 7400RPMs to save its life (adjusted belt and clickers to no effect but haven't tried different weights yet). My 02 Polaris 700 edge put out more power than this pile. Been riding sleds for 20 years and this is hands down the biggest POS I've ever owned. I'm also hearing some weird clunking/grinding noise I couldn't pinpoint. I have 30 miles on it and wish I would have gone with a Cat or Polaris this year. Right now I'm into my sled right around 20K with full raptor suspension (the only good thing about the sled), can, y-pipe and other misc parts. I couldn't be more disappointed in this purchase. I haven't had a chance to get it into the dealer yet due to my work schedule but I was temped to kick it off the side of my sled deck on my dealers sidewalk when I rolled back into town that night and go get an axys or Alpha. when you write a 14800.00 check for a brand new machine you expect for sh*t to work. A couple other guys I ride with snowchecked the same machine and we are all wishing we would have gone with something else.

You think this kind of crap doesnt happen to the other 3 brands? You need to make time to drop it off at the dealer instead of crying about it on the internet. Sorry.. but this is a such a stupid complaint.. especially considering there is a fix for it.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Did you tape your recoil cover up with reflective heat tape? That will fix your problem. The reason it wont pull past 7400 RPM is most likely due to the horrible stock clutching. You could say" I paid $14800 everything should be perfect!" but all these are relatively easy fixes and have been well documented on these forums since release in 2017.

So by your standards u should have to buy new clutching and put reflective tape on a brand new sled to make it work properly? That's the brand of sled I would buy!!!!

You think this kind of crap doesnt happen to the other 3 brands? You need to make time to drop it off at the dealer instead of crying about it on the internet. Sorry.. but this is a such a stupid complaint.. especially considering there is a fix for it.

No, I know it happens to the other brands as well because I've owned them too with exception of Yamaha. That being said I've never spent this much on a sled and had so many issues with it right out of the box. Isn't the internet for stupid complaints? The whole "I need to make time to drop it off at the dealer..." is an ignorant thing to say. I don't NEED to make time to do anything but go to work, pay my bills and ride sleds. Get a clue bud.

Last edited:

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
No, I know it happens to the other brands as well because I've owned them too with exception of Yamaha. That being said I've never spent this much on a sled and had so many issues with it right out of the box. Isn't the internet for stupid complaints? The whole "I need to make time to drop it off at the dealer..." is an ignorant thing to say. I don't NEED to make time to do anything but go to work, pay my bills and ride sleds. Get a clue bud.

Why does everyone always talk about how they have never had problems with their Yamaha yet no one (including the guy complaining) except fat, Old, bald, rich guys even ride those over priced boat anchors any more. :face-icon-small-con You should go get a new Yamaha dude!

grich8888

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
Why does everyone always talk about how they have never had problems with their Yamaha yet no one (including the guy complaining) except fat, Old, bald, rich guys even ride those over priced boat anchors any more. :face-icon-small-con You should go get a new Yamaha dude!

I believe he is referring to NOT owning a Yamaha.....

M
Dec 17, 2016
Northern Illinois
So by your standards u should have to buy new clutching and put reflective tape on a brand new sled to make it work properly? That's the brand of sled I would buy!!!!

No but if you read his post he stated he installed suspension and a can etc. In stock form it wouldn't be a problem. Its not Ski-Doo's fault you put an uninsulated exhaust on the sled and have heat related issues. Skidoo designs a sled to try and meet 80% of the populations needs not only yours. I dont care what brand you ride, they all have their issues. At the production rate these manufactures build sleds, they cant make everything perfect. If they did you would be right back here complaining more than you already do about the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features