• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha One warranty length

B
Jul 28, 2008
One year? 15k for a sled and a one year warranty? Also, they would have sold 3x as many of these with a different color scheme. What's selling them right now is the new technology, but the warranty doesn't seem to reflect Textron confidence in reliability. I probably would have committed to buying one right now if the warranty was better and they weren't so fugly imho of course.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
One year? 15k for a sled and a one year warranty? Also, they would have sold 3x as many of these with a different color scheme. What's selling them right now is the new technology, but the warranty doesn't seem to reflect Textron confidence in reliability. I probably would have committed to buying one right now if the warranty was better and they weren't so fugly imho of course.

Only one year of warranty with no deals on an in-season "limited" sled with the latest hot technology that you didn't snow check? Cry me a river.

Order early or wait until end of February incentives if you didn't have enough confidence in Textron to put down your $ and get the extended warranty. That's how the game works. Good way to anger the snowcheckers giving the in-season guys the same deal. IMO.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
poor lil fella, fire engine red will be making its way back around one of these years.. they all do it eventually:face-icon-small-con

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
One could always go with a solid bright red, bright yellow or bright blue on a Doo!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Just boost it so you don't have to worry about warranty. Problem solved.

As far as color goes I just wish I would have kept my 90s vintage cat gear. Only thing that it's missing is a checkered flag. Maybe I'll wrap my tunnel with checkering.

Last edited:
B
Jul 28, 2008
Only one year of warranty with no deals on an in-season "limited" sled with the latest hot technology that you didn't snow check? Cry me a river.

Order early or wait until end of February incentives if you didn't have enough confidence in Textron to put down your $ and get the extended warranty. That's how the game works. Good way to anger the snowcheckers giving the in-season guys the same deal. IMO.

Shouldn't matter when a person buys anything. One year warranty is ****, regardless of what overpriced pos you buy.

B
Jul 28, 2008
:pop2:
This should be good.

Guess I haven't been around for a while to see what the latest keyboard warriors argue about......let me guess. There's a couple of brand loyal AC guys that stroke their pole to the purple and green, and get uber butthurt with those who have a different opinion than them. Am I right? What do I win?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Just boost it so you don't have to worry about warranty. Problem solved.

As far as color goes I just wish I would have kept my 90s vintage cat gear. Only thing that it's missing is a checkered flag. Maybe I'll wrap my tunnel with checkering.

Someone's beat you to it!
picture.php

Last edited:

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014
From my recollection, the Alpha was advertised as a spring check only sled. Had option of 4 year warranty or 2 year warranty with some free parts/acc/gear. Spring check should be the absolute best deals to drive as much of them as possible. Both dealer and manufacturer benefit from lower working capital, carrying costs, and limit future discount accruals. Someone has to commit to the full cost of that snowmobile in the spring, if it isn’t a customer, it’s on Cat’s books and they carry the risk (along with Dealer) until it is moved.

I committed this spring, if you want the deal I got, you could have done the same. Otherwise wait until the season is half over IF they have remaining inventory they need to move.

B
Jul 28, 2008
From my recollection, the Alpha was advertised as a spring check only sled. Had option of 4 year warranty or 2 year warranty with some free parts/acc/gear. Spring check should be the absolute best deals to drive as much of them as possible. Both dealer and manufacturer benefit from lower working capital, carrying costs, and limit future discount accruals. Someone has to commit to the full cost of that snowmobile in the spring, if it isn’t a customer, it’s on Cat’s books and they carry the risk (along with Dealer) until it is moved.

I committed this spring, if you want the deal I got, you could have done the same. Otherwise wait until the season is half over IF they have remaining inventory they need to move.

Thank you for the answer. I honestly didn't know (thus the reason for asking)
At least I understand their reasoning now.
I think playing with the price in the Spring would be a lot more fair than playing with the warranty.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Thank you for the answer. I honestly didn't know (thus the reason for asking)
At least I understand their reasoning now.
I think playing with the price in the Spring would be a lot more fair than playing with the warranty.

I didn't realize you weren't aware of how the programs work with my first post. I just kind of thought everyone in the sledding community knew the snow check terms and you were being a wise guy. My bad.

Premium Features