• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch weights for evo 210 tune

N
Feb 5, 2017
Kingsford, MI
Finally went with the evo 210 tune.
Just curious if I will need to clutch my primary now that more useable power is available. Thinking about mds or cutler TM weights. Also, what springs are people running and will I benefit from a tpi 911 cover and or abc kit? How about the spider, should I change that while I am in there?
Sled is a 2014, M9000. I ride normally around 1000ft of elevation but I will be in the mountains someday.
Thanks for any help!
Nick

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Finally went with the evo 210 tune.
Just curious if I will need to clutch my primary now that more useable power is available. Thinking about mds or cutler TM weights. Also, what springs are people running and will I benefit from a tpi 911 cover and or abc kit? How about the spider, should I change that while I am in there?
Sled is a 2014, M9000. I ride normally around 1000ft of elevation but I will be in the mountains someday.
Thanks for any help!
Nick
I like MDS weights - thinking you will end up around 91-92g, loaded at the tip. Running at 6-8000' I'm using a Polaris black (100/300) spring, you may want to ask Steve at MDS what would be good for your weight and elevation.
Thunder Products 911 cover is on every sled I own, way stronger then the stock covers, I also use their spider on my boosted M1100, but maybe not essential with a 210 flash. If you PM Racin Station on here, he can likely provide a very good setup, as he also deals with MDS weights...

N
Feb 5, 2017
Kingsford, MI
FIRST START UP????

Started sled up and everything was great. After warmup, sled stuttered and then rpm picked up rpm but not overly impressed on first fire up. Throttle response is quick and idle is much smoother but it still stutters here and there.
Plugs? Fuel filter is fairly new and fuel is not full.
Any ideas???

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Started sled up and everything was great. After warmup, sled stuttered and then rpm picked up rpm but not overly impressed on first fire up. Throttle response is quick and idle is much smoother but it still stutters here and there.
Plugs? Fuel filter is fairly new and fuel is not full.
Any ideas???
Change your plugs. Also, don't blip the throttle when cold - you have a bit more timing advance with the reflash, it'll stutter a bit when cold. Nothing to worry about. Think of it as a car that you've added a hotter cam to. I'd run a set of NGK CR9E plugs gapped to .020".

N
Feb 5, 2017
Kingsford, MI
Worried at first!!

Change your plugs. Also, don't blip the throttle when cold - you have a bit more timing advance with the reflash, it'll stutter a bit when cold. Nothing to worry about. Think of it as a car that you've added a hotter cam to. I'd run a set of NGK CR9E plugs gapped to .020".

Much appreciated! I guess I never took into account the timing advance. I bought the plugs you mentioned and I’ll be installing them tonight. Would a splash of race gas hurt? I guess it’s a dumb question but I can get 110 other wise it’s 91/eth free mixing with the oldish fuel. Where I’m at snow is deminishing fast due to Al Gores theory so its kinda frustrating. I’ll be heading north soon. They still got a couple feet.
What’s the next mod? I spoke with a rep from evo, he said stock weights are good for a 210 flash. Exhaust is straight pipe, intake is in the mail, just turbo mouthpiece for now, adjustable fuel regulator. I think I’m going to crank it up a little, maybe 45 to 50 psi. Driveline upgrades next?? Narrow a arms? Skis? All these things matter but I’m not sure where to go. I actually got this thing in some good snow this year and I fell in love all over again, I want to keep

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
My thoughts...

Leave the fuel pressure stock, that's what the flash was intended for. Straight 91 is good, race fuel won't help, will actually make it harder to start. Polaris gripper skis work really well, the 2016 front end changes the sled completely. With the new found power, plan on replacing the engine mounts at some point - I use OSP's urethane units, way stiffer. If you can live without reverse, a hyvo chain conversion is a good way to lose weight and strengthen a weak point, and a bit less money then a belt drive (which also works great).

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
clutching

We have a really good clutch setup for that tune for the 2014. We have our adjustable weights for them for only $129.95 per set. Or our whole clutch kit, which includes or torsion spring conversion helix. Converting to the torsion spring allows the clutch to shift out further for more track speed. It also makes the driven clutch run about 40 degrees cooler, and really extends belt life big time!

http://www.bd-xtreme.com/index.php?id_product=605&controller=product

Premium Features