• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

17 king cat?

Boosted Brad

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
17 sidewinder or king cat ?reasons I don't care for the orange but the cat may be the better sled?

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
2017 King Cat...

I own one. Yes, it has the dropped chain case. Shock package is float evols, with the rear having rebound adjustment. The 18 has the QSL rear shock, but I added it to mine for $436 Cdn. After all the add ins (B&M Fab skinny boards front and rear bumper, tether, belt, bags, 911 cover and EVO Stage 4 with clutching & exhaust, I was still under the price of a 2018.

nm2708

Lifetime Membership
Nov 3, 2010
Mott ND
Hey oneoldfart, does that 911 cover make a big difference? I did the evo stage 4 and their muffler. Are you doing anything else with clutching besides 911 cover and heavier weights for the tune?

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Re: 911 cover

Hey oneoldfart, does that 911 cover make a big difference? I did the evo stage 4 and their muffler. Are you doing anything else with clutching besides 911 cover and heavier weights for the tune?
I run 911 covers on everything I own, cheap insurance. The team primary is a bit weaker then the older cat clutch in my opinion, the steel spider is the selling feature. As far as clutching goes, I run glide washers in the primary with TPI weights, and Delrinwashers in the secondary. Likely will replace the jack shaft so I can install a tied secondary as there are more tuning parts available.

Premium Features