• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"ELECTRICAL DIFFICULTIES"??

N
Feb 5, 2017
Kingsford, MI
2014 M9000. Had some harness melt due to a fire last year. Most of the portion near the gearbox and by the fuel rail, fuel pressure regulator and the injector harness. Got injector harness replaced and got a new/used electrical harness for the main body. Main issue now is engine will crank but the ground for the forward/reverse motor just smokes and now has melted. This wire is that little black wire that is grounded to the steering support near the gearbox on the right or exhaust side of sled I verified that all connections are good. Any ideas???
Again, shot in the dark here just stumped. Short of buying all new parts, does anyone have any ideas or has had the same thing happen to them. I appreciate the help!

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
That wire obviously has power going through it, are you sure it's a ground wire and not a hot wire? My guess would be it's either not a ground wire or it is hooked up wrong somewhere. Have you tried running it without it grounded?

Premium Features