• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1987 exciter 570 bog issues

Iowa_assault

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2014
Cedar Rapids Iowa
I've had issues with bogging under weight. I don't think it's carb problems. It will do 105 mph on the stand. Under weight it will top out at 50 mph and I only weigh 12o lbs. I think it's in the clutching. Worn out weights/ramps/rollers

But then again I also sometimes think it's in the carb because if it doesn't start first 3 pulls you have to pull it for another 5 minutes until it starts

Sometimes if you aren't riding it hard it will bog down and shut off. And then won't start back up again until you either let it cool down or clean the plugs off or pull it 95 million times.

Whats your guy's input?

Anylizer

Lifetime Membership
May 17, 2005
Top 'O the Great Basin... almost
the butterfly carbs work much better if tuned properly. Way less prone to flooding , and throttle response is significantly better.
There are 2 rubber plugs inside the bowl of each carb. the fuel makes them hard, and they dont seal properly.

# 8V0-14118-00-00 get 4 of them, and replace them. Also pay close attention to where they are located. the can be put in the wrong hole and cause problems.
I would find a manual and verify that they are in fact in the correct location.

eddy

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
Sammamish WA
Fuel Pump

Even though you get the same symptoms with the butterfly: Do not overlook the fuel pump being weak. Rebuild or replace and make sure the pulse line is good.

Premium Features