• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M8 mods MIA??

G

GRAYBEAL

Nov 26, 2007
Pendleton, OR
I recently bought 2 new 07 M8's. I am coming off a pretty well modded M7. The M7 had lots of things that could be done to it to make it better/faster/etc.

I havent seen much info about performance parts for the M8's. Are they just not working? not out? whats up?

The RKT drop in kit sounded good but Kelsey still doesnt seem to have it dialed. SLP just came out with their pipe... jury's still out. CPC's kit looks good but not much further info.

What seems to be working? Twins? Singles? porting? heads?

The M1000 has so much potential, I would think that the M8 falls into the same catagory, so whats up with the lonely M8?

tatorsalad

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
m-8 power

I recently bought 2 new 07 M8's. I am coming off a pretty well modded M7. The M7 had lots of things that could be done to it to make it better/faster/etc.

I havent seen much info about performance parts for the M8's. Are they just not working? not out? whats up?

The RKT drop in kit sounded good but Kelsey still doesnt seem to have it dialed. SLP just came out with their pipe... jury's still out. CPC's kit looks good but not much further info.

What seems to be working? Twins? Singles? porting? heads?

The M1000 has so much potential, I would think that the M8 falls into the same catagory, so whats up with the lonely M8?
E-mail kelsey about it and he will get right back to you he said the porting is a big help clucthing also needs some help

G

GONRIDIN

Have the SLP set up. It rips. Worth every penny and NO boondocker box needed for the pipe above 3000ft. Set it up like they say and pull the rope. Jury's in!

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Got an 07 and 08 162". The 07 has RKT porting/head/clutch, and runs really well. The 08 has a RKT head and runs just a shade better than my mod 07 (who would have thought??) My father has an 08 snopro and it runs just behind the 2-162"s, their very close. We just got an slp pipe for his, and we'll report back tomorrow.

G

GONRIDIN

Yes! it comes with a y-pipe, a pipe, and a can as well as instalation instructions, and clutching instructions.

N

nermal

rode Bigred118s 07 M8 it has some lightweight suspension goodies on it and SLPs performance edition kit. I believe it is one of the first production ones they have done. It runs really well!!!

G

GRAYBEAL

Nov 26, 2007
Pendleton, OR
Hey thats cool to hear some good news about the SLP pipe. Looks like that might be the way to go currently.

Anyone have experience with the Jaws/Cutler twins yet?

Might try that route but SLP is looking good.

thekrust

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Okanagan
I just tested my SLP pipe yesterday. This is the mod that you need the most. It's rippin' good! And no BS'n with fuel controller. Rode mine from 2000' up to 7500' and not a hiccup.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana

07's need clutch work, simple................ check the threads, bigger weights and progressive helix, adjust to elevation/track length. There is more HP out there for the 8's.

You'll never know if you improved the engine though until you ride it stock getting max power to the track.

Premium Features