• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris 2017 Speculation Thread

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So, I was just handed the 228 page 2017 Polaris Media kit to get started on building a large REVEAL thread for this coming Monday.

I will do my best to provide the same amount of "Love" to the new goodies that Polaris is rolling out as I did for Doo .

While "Spy Photos" have been mighty scarce, I can tell the Die-Hard Poo fans NOT to lose hope! Poo has a few surprises in store for ya after all!!

So tell me boys, WHAT ARE YOU EXPECTING them to release, and WHAT ARE YOU HOPING they will release on Monday??

picture.php

Last edited:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
We will finally see the Polaris' version of a one ski that MH has been hinting at for 3-4 years now. I have no idea what it will look like but it is well past time to fish or cut bait with that concept. Which will leave the other manufactures holding their D!cks.

That Hay Day's viewing of the Cat Snow bike was nothing short of public humiliation for them. Cat had to farm all the R&D and proof of concept out to a third party. Good way to prove they have nobody in house with any real innovation, skill, or imagination.

Interested to see what Polaris comes up with, but I hope they didn't take too much of the design from the Timber Sled, IMO that would be a step backwards. I also hope it is not a bike based kit, that is also a boneheaded backwards move if they do. IMO

Their 2 stroke with CVT, the focus on centralized mass, and rider position input like the AXYS was founded around would be optimal. Perimeter frame, minimal body work, Yeti style ski and wheel kit, would like to see a Yeti style rear without the intermediate chain.

Optimally I would like to see an inside the driver CVT which I've had designed for 25 plus years. Now that current technology can make it possible and affordable, but they have not asked for the design yet. With that they could keep it very narrow. Just a Carbon PolyChain or QD system straight from the Crankshaft to the driveshaft input (common centerlines, driveshaft is hollow). A quick change design like the Yeti's final belt drive would be optimal for the crankshaft to drive shaft input to fine tune the ratio, without having to disassemble the machine.

Last edited:

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
We will finally see the Polaris' version of a one ski that MH has been hinting at for 3-4 years now. I have no idea what it will look like but it is well past time to fish or cut bait with that concept. Which will leave the other manufactures holding their D!cks.

That Hay Day's viewing of the Cat Snow bike was nothing short of public humiliation for them. Cat had to farm all the R&D and proof of concept out to a third party. Good way to prove they have nobody in house with any real innovation, skill, or imagination.

Interested to see what Polaris comes up with, but I hope they didn't take too much of the design from the Timber Sled, IMO that would be a step backwards. I also hope it is not a bike based kit, that is also a boneheaded backwards move if they do. IMO

Their 2 stroke with CVT, the focus on centralized mass, and rider position input like the AXYS was founded around would be optimal. Perimeter frame, minimal body work, Yeti style ski and wheel kit, would like to see a Yeti style rear without the intermediate chain.

Optimally I would like to see an inside the driver CVT which I've had designed for 25 plus years. Now that current technology can make it possible and affordable, but they have not asked for the design yet. With that they could keep it very narrow. Just a Carbon PolyChain or QD system straight from the Crankshaft to the driveshaft input (common centerlines, driveshaft is hollow). A quick change design like the Yeti's final belt drive would be optimal for the crankshaft to drive shaft input to fine tune the ratio, without having to disassemble the machine.

You are a few years off for a Polaris snowbike and when it comes it'll have a TS bolted to it.

W

wje_153

Nov 20, 2008
Montana
I'd like to see a 146" offered on the Axys pro rmk. Allot of days my brother and I search for natural hillcross courses and I think it would be a blast to see how these sleds would work with a shorter track in the air and fast paced technical riding also I'd like to see painted tunnels come standard and not just on the snowcheck models I think that it is long overdue.

Premium Features