• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have a # to AC that has some pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--Dont forget, it's not just the front end that changed... the rear skid is changed also...new rails with higher front arm mount position, new front shock with more travel

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Looks like the 16 is finally what the 12 should have been. Better late than never ..... I guess

Close, but my 14 will kill it. If they put narrow boards raised up and narrow panels it would be a sled. Also a little more steering, way better but a little more would help. I'll prove it soon! It's going to need that and major weight loss to compete with the axys.

--Dont forget, it's not just the front end that changed... the rear skid is changed also...new rails with higher front arm mount position, new front shock with more travel

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
pics

10955638_10206473963311344_3155835507204832402_n.jpg

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Wyo, with the sled stopped like that, can u take ur foot off the sled and the sled will stay put?
My 14 will stay as long as im on the board. I can't leave the sled.

Los frijoles estan muy caliente dijo la mama osa!

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
CO 2.0, what do you prefer more your skinz front end or the 2016 front end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 16 front end is really nice. More foregiving on the trail where the skinz is harder to steer. I still think the skinz front end with wyo sterring bracket can take steeper sidehills without the sled trying to point you back uphill. The narrow boards and panels on my 15 is helping with that too though. The 16 front end is way better than the stock 15 front end, and better than the bdx front end though.

B

bradburck

Jan 13, 2008
Colorado
That is one of the things that is the most interesting about the pro as well. Easy to jump on and kill it. Can't wait to upgrade to the 16 frnt end on mine and run it against the axys next year.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Curious to ride this 16 tomorrow, got the whole Bent & Broken crew coming out, should be an interesting day. From your ride reports I think the cat might be a real blast, but I THINK I'm sold on getting a snowbike next year, we'll see.

Cat 800 LE tomorrow, and snowbikes on thurs, guess it's time to get off the fence & place an order.

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--snowbike...shmowbike

--make sure you get the 15 or newer skid

--going from 160hp down to maybe 60hp(sea level) tapped out wfo all the time...maintenance on your motor will be mandatory

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
--snowbike...shmowbike

--make sure you get the 15 or newer skid

--going from 160hp down to maybe 60hp(sea level) tapped out wfo all the time...maintenance on your motor will be mandatory

We'll see... I'll still have my 14, and one big consideration is that I'll be able to rent the snowbike for well over what I rent the sleds for.

I know a few guys who have switched from turbo sleds to bikes & say they'll never buy a sled again... seems crazy to me, but I might as well give it a shot! I'm paying $1k more for the bike than a sled, and I'd get about double for rental, so it seems like a no brainer to me.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
What pics would serve a purpose? It's a failure with a stock motor... what's to see?

As to oil tank, being that it sits higher in the chassis, if anything it should be "better" (less likely to get a bubble that could cause a problem)

Sucks that a warranty has to be a fight, that's one of my biggest issues with poo, and if the other two are going to be the same way, what differentiates them?

If it's a cold seize it should not be covered. That is operator error. I'd like to see pics.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
I've seen at least 3 colds that were not operator error, period. A blanket statement like is kind of silly.

You probably know more than me, so a bad thermostat? Anything else that could cause a cold seize?

Just asking, I actually bought a new/used XP with a new rebuild and I cold seized it. I thought it might have been a bad thermostat, as I was sure I warmed it up sufficiently(never done that in 20 years of sledding), but it turned out that it had no thermostat in it.

So in my case, I attributed to operator error(mine unforetunately)

I thought it might happen from tolerances being too tight, say, cylinders being on the tight end and pistons being on the larger size, but was told by a reputable builder that that was not possible.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
If it's a cold seize it should not be covered. That is operator error. I'd like to see pics.

Watching temp, miles in on the trail, cold seize, and is my fault. That's operator error.

Now if you give me full access to all sensors with all gauges I'll take the credit any day and I guaranty I would never have another failure.

Yet if I even add egts. It could void warranty. O but it's my fault, you u obviously have no idea how the stock ecu works and what it controls.

The dealer can check ecu for overheat, and its never been hot. Plus I've given so much info on here so either your clueless or didn't read it.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Watching temp, miles in on the trail, cold seize, and is my fault. That's operator error.

Now if you give me full access to all sensors with all gauges I'll take the credit any day and I guaranty I would never have another failure.

Yet if I even add egts. It could void warranty. O but it's my fault, you u obviously have no idea how the stock ecu works and what it controls.

The dealer can check ecu for overheat, and its never been hot. Plus I've given so much info on here so either your clueless or didn't read it.

You are right,I really don't know much about how the ecu works and what it all controls.

So what else could have caused it? Educate me, look at my above post....I'm just a backyard mechanic. Lol

My understanding is with a cold seize you do not have to overheat it, it's just a matter of the piston expanding faster than the cylinder, due to improper warm up, or maybe a faulty thermostat? If it were due to overheating, it wouldn't be a cold sieze, or if one of the sensors(air temp, fluid, etc) wouldn't cause a cold seize, may cause a seize, but the piston would tell a different story.

Not being argumentative, just trying to learn. Look at above post, I cold seized my 800 xp a month ago(classic 4 corner), and I was sure I properly warmed it up, there was no thermostat in it. Was on a new rebuild with about 30 miles on it.

Not sure what the ecu is going to tell you?

Thanks, and I hope you get it figured out.

I don't understand how it would cold seize if properly warmed up?

As far as I know, which

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
The sled was warmed up, and running at 128*, I was going slow.

All this is in my posts

You said my fault,

So you think under normal slow poke operation with proper warm up the customer gets screwed. If that's the case I wouldn't own a cat.

To answer your question, anything could cause it, read the old pays is all in there.

They are covering it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features