• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 new release.....

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
If you follow Skidoos time line for mountain sleds we have been getting a new engine after 4-5 years then a new chassis the year after. I would for sure expect a new engine for 2017 minimum. Then a new chassis 2018.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
If you follow Skidoos time line for mountain sleds we have been getting a new engine after 4-5 years then a new chassis the year after. I would for sure expect a new engine for 2017 minimum. Then a new chassis 2018.

By that reasoning a new chassis should have came in 2012-13.
All that happened was plastics and band aids.

HELLO!!!!
Earth to skidoo!!!!!
Lay off the bc bud!!!!

2008 was a long time ago!!!!!
Please build something worth riding soon!!!!

PLEASE!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO

So... 10 years on one chassis? That's some serious innovation.

The change is in 17 though, not 18.

With cat sticking with the same chassis another year (didn't expect a change, but I hoped for it) I might just wait till 17 to see which way to go.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Yah, they should have went all orange like the 2015 x with the 2016 sp or something at least different! Even that rev blue with the white hood

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
careful with the predictions. Starting to sound like the yamaha section in here.
"I swear we are getting a new motor this year"
*next year*
No, I heard it was delayed for extra testing but it will come out for sure next year...
On and on :D

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
The only real fact is that it will be released I. 2016 at this time! Just wondering what the sled right now is not doing for you? Innovation comes in waves not timelines, look at dirt bikes, a 2015 Honda is miles different over a 2014 but they look exactly the same, the better sleds get the smaller the changes but those smaller changes make huge differences. And u currently have several options with turbos, big bores, belt drives, and the possibility to shave a lot of weight. 90% don't need or want it and the other 10% are not willing to pay for it. So how will that work? Go back and ride a 2004,2008 or 2012 and tell me that we are not living in the most spoiled times. Great products and endless possibility,the crazy thing is it has created more complainers, not happier people, I just can't understand that, I am out most days and I just can't shake the smile off my face!

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
The only real fact is that it will be released I. 2016 at this time! Just wondering what the sled right now is not doing for you? Innovation comes in waves not timelines, look at dirt bikes, a 2015 Honda is miles different over a 2014 but they look exactly the same, the better sleds get the smaller the changes but those smaller changes make huge differences. And u currently have several options with turbos, big bores, belt drives, and the possibility to shave a lot of weight. 90% don't need or want it and the other 10% are not willing to pay for it. So how will that work? Go back and ride a 2004,2008 or 2012 and tell me that we are not living in the most spoiled times. Great products and endless possibility,the crazy thing is it has created more complainers, not happier people, I just can't understand that, I am out most days and I just can't shake the smile off my face!

Exactly! We have so much technology, choices and quality sleds to pick from. What do we really have to complain about. The competition between manufactures benefits us all. If I had the money I would have one of each! One complaint, Norona you have to share the powder!:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features