• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Latest I heard, no new motor or chassis for '16. Just some tweaks and refinements and the new chassis and motor will come in '17. They will release the DI motor in a trail sled and give it a year with consumers. I just wish Cat would listen to us and build a nice light 2 stroke only chassis. You know they could do it but the bean counters keep getting in the way. You know it's getting bad when my Cat dealer is excited to get an Axys and play around with it.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Question for all you cat guys. Why are they so much more money? Took a look at hold over Polaris and Cat. Can buy a new 15 800 pro for 700 less than a 13 800 snopro. I saw Cats 3500 rebate on non current model sleds, that is what got me interested.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
We will have to wait to see what actually comes out. But I cannot believe that a new front suspension was a priority item. My list is a mile long before new spindles unless in a drastically new position..... which they do not appear to be in.

And you know they always hold on to a card or two for haydays. Another stupid move.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
Latest I heard, no new motor or chassis for '16. Just some tweaks and refinements and the new chassis and motor will come in '17. They will release the DI motor in a trail sled and give it a year with consumers. I just wish Cat would listen to us and build a nice light 2 stroke only chassis. You know they could do it but the bean counters keep getting in the way. You know it's getting bad when my Cat dealer is excited to get an Axys and play around with it.

the boys in wishek are really getting into polaris arent they? one of the guys i ride with sometimes deals with them quite a bit, and he keeps telling me about everything they're doing to pro's. he even considered buying one to take to jeff and work his magic. but he just texted me a pic the other day and said that he bought jeff's sled (a 2012 i think with big bore and 3'' track). it looked like it had been rode hard and put away wet a time or two haha.

i just assume DP is your "local dealer" given your location........

Last edited:
A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
the boys in wishek are really getting into polaris arent they? one of the guys i ride with sometimes deals with them quite a bit, and he keeps telling me about everything they're doing to pro's. he even considered buying one to take to jeff and work his magic. but he just texted me a pic the other day and said that he bought jeff's sled (a 2012 i think with big bore and 3'' track). it looked like it had been rode hard and put away wet a time or two haha.

i just assume DP is your "local dealer" given your location........

Nothing new there, he's been building my buddies pros since they came out in 11, cat or poo he knows his stuff. Would be foolish not to with all the people that jumped ship when they came out.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
Yep, if you can't beAt em, join em right? Lol. He has a real nice kit for the Pro motor where he puts in Cat Pistons and some porting and head work. Supposed to work real nice. He's excited to tear into the new HO motor. Thinks it has some mod potential. With more Poos running around than you can shake a stick at, it's just good business sense to work on them.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
With more Poos running around than you can shake a stick at, and all the "issues" they've had with engines, it's just good business sense to work on them.

fixed it for ya :eyebrows:

my buddy was telling me about the cat pistons in the polaris engine....that gave me a chuckle. whatever works i guess! surprised he doesnt have an engine swap kit fabbed up to toss the 800 cat into the pro chassis.

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
pol finally listened and will now have a great sled. The last years version was a boring one dimensional sled. The new one will be big change. I think cat and doo will be struggling against it. And fyi... i have been sledding since 71 and never owned a pol.

R
Does everyone remember the AC(Kincaid and McClare) video they posted on Utube about the weight differences while riding in the mountain power?? All of the snow build up on the sleds??
I have been riding with buddies all winter so far who have RMKs or Assaults, all 2014 and 2015. I have put my HCR in all of the deep powder conditions, just like the video and EVERYTIME we are done, there tunnel is absolutely covered in ice. On top of the tunnel, running boards and under the tunnel. All they do is kick and knock the ice off. Mine is 98% bare, no lie. Two to 3 feet of powder, pure powder. Have had many witnesses and I ALWAYS point that out to them. They don't even say anything anymore. I just laugh. One buddy has the new Polaris Dominator, that is even worse than the other ones!!!
So from my experiences, that video is completely TRUE!!! Not biased at all, according to so many people.

My point,,,, what ever AC is doing, do not stop doing it, in the icing department..

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
I guess I better apologize for saying cat was coming out with a 900. I didn't think people would give me bad post ratings for that. Wow!

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
Does everyone remember the AC(Kincaid and McClare) video they posted on Utube about the weight differences while riding in the mountain power?? All of the snow build up on the sleds??
I have been riding with buddies all winter so far who have RMKs or Assaults, all 2014 and 2015. I have put my HCR in all of the deep powder conditions, just like the video and EVERYTIME we are done, there tunnel is absolutely covered in ice. On top of the tunnel, running boards and under the tunnel. All they do is kick and knock the ice off. Mine is 98% bare, no lie. Two to 3 feet of powder, pure powder. Have had many witnesses and I ALWAYS point that out to them. They don't even say anything anymore. I just laugh. One buddy has the new Polaris Dominator, that is even worse than the other ones!!!
So from my experiences, that video is completely TRUE!!! Not biased at all, according to so many people.

My point,,,, what ever AC is doing, do not stop doing it, in the icing department..

cats paint has no more or less iceophobic properties than any other paint.
i would bet a simple spray with PAM cooking oil up under ther before every ride would be as good. or even polish the tunnel.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
cats paint has no more or less iceophobic properties than any other paint.
i would bet a simple spray with PAM cooking oil up under ther before every ride would be as good. or even polish the tunnel.

Nope, and I've tried every oil, spray, polish, and hydrophobic product on the market on all my old sleds without powdercoat. If you are riding in pow any of your DIY sprays will last all of 30 minutes.

Premium Features