• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What to do? 2008 dragon motor problems

J
Dec 20, 2012
Alright guys I need help, I made the mistake of buying an 08 dragon last year. It was freshly rebuilt with 09 upgrades. She ran like a champ last year and the first day of the first trip this year then things went south. The second day about half way through it wouldn't let me passed about 6-6500 rpms but it would come out of it for a half an hour or so, of every hour. So I decided to keep riding, the check engine light came on and would blink 7 times, pause,repeat. Got home tested 105 lbs on the clutch side and 115 on exhaust. I also found and fixed loose wires to one injector. Is she blown? Or would those wires be the problem? I travel from Sioux Falls SD to the mountains so I need a trusty sled. Chance it? New pistons and ride it? Sell it? Or trade it?

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
She's not blown up although I wouldn't be surprised if the pistons are scuffed. But a blown motor doesn't come out of it for 1/2 hour. I'm guessing the wires had something to do with it.

Pull your exhaust valves and check the piston faces to see if they are scuffed. 10psi difference between the 2 cylinders points to an issue starting, probably scuffed pistons.

7 flashes is the code for an injector issue.

sled_guy

P
Dec 20, 2012
rmk hard start

hi every body i need a little help. i have an 700 rmk this year taking out of storage it started hard several pulls. got it home put in garage now it will not start unless i put some gas in plugs,i also replaced the plugs with new ones. than starts right up, it getting gas the plugs are wet. please help me, thanks

Premium Features