• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06 rs vector exhaust mod and subsequent carb issues

I need help!

I replaced my stock can with a motorcycle pipe and can't seem to tune even after changing the jets. I am guessing the new pipe doesn't have enough back pressure as it begins to run better as I choke (close) the sled. I am thinking I can just add some medium grade steel wool to the pipe to see if the additional back pressure helps.

Any ideas as there is no going back ( have taken a lot of the bulky parts off)?

Thanks - snow honkey

M
Jan 14, 2004
Its not a back pressure problem I've had that setup on lots of sleds, the problem is in your carbs. The fact that runs better choked is telling you its lean at idle try richening the air screws or you may need to go to a larger pilot jet.

M5

B

Blue Jay

Nov 28, 2007
Burbank,Wa
Sound like Pilot jet I'll check to make there not plug.We have 2 06 Vectors with mod exhuast 4000 miles since install no problem. We run from 5000-8000 ft the only thing we change on the carb was the main jet 148 to 145. The exhuast
was a 10x3 inner core 1 7/8 glass pac. The other one was 2'' the only differance we could tell it was louder. BJ

M
Jan 14, 2004
I went all the way to a 170 pilot from 145 so think it has to be the idle jet. Agree?

I know the Vector carbs are different than the Rx1 but if your jet is reading 170 I believe you are messing with the mains which won't affect idle. The pilot is the long skinny jet and will be labeled like 15 or 17.5 not 170.

M5

Premium Features