• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

surely someones weighed the Sno Pro

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
"there is no comparison in reliability of the cat compared to any other 2 stroke"

WHOA THERE! You must be talking about today? Tomorrow could be a different story. All manufacturers have had lemons and issues. How about the old 700 cat? The 670 rotax was a benchmark, Yamaha built a solid 3 cyl 2 stroke 700 that was indestructable. My 06 rev was awesome, and there are alot more for sure.

Suzuki has sure built themselves a good engine, and cat has been fortunate to own the rights, that is not to say that they are the only manufacturers that can do so. You should take off the green goggles and admit the RMK has set a standard that everyone else is aspiring to acheive. Cudos to Cat for doing just that.

By the way, I got to see the new proclimb for the first time today, I sure hope they work too, As that could definately be my next ride. Wicked!

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
I feel like Bill Murray in groundhog day, I wake up each day and the thread on weight is still the same, 337 posts in the first one 161 in this one.

Polaris sucks no Cat sucks, Polaris great no Cat is great..... Snowblower sucks and blows no yo-yo boy sucks more.... I can't wait for the threads in winter once the lies really start.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
Then get on your bent running boards, and ride your tweeked and twisted old XP on over to Doo Talk. Your lame *** "My dad can beat up your dad" posts are getting old around here already. :face-icon-small-dis

i posted facts but your post is so much better.LMFAO

H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
So this is by far the earliest that I have seen snow in my area, I'm hoping that it's a good sign of what's to come!

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
cat has engineered there motors all along, suzuki builds them, suzuki is part owner of cat if im not mistaken???

you guys put that pro on a golden platform. yeah its a great sled but it didnt reinvent the wheel. its Polaris's first vertical steering setup cats had since 05, thats the only reason it handles like it does. cats chassis was 5 years old when it came out. i would hope it can do at-least what the cat does.

is it just me or when you look at these a-arms all close together on the doo/pol new sleds it makes them feel old school now that ive been around the new cats a while haha.

this year cat engineered some serious breakthroughs in the sled world. enlighten me on what Polaris designed into the pro that was a breakthrough? glue haha.

now the torque link, tapered tunnel, raised spindles, turbod mountain sled, auto adjusting chain case, tied togather bogies, them are some breakthroughs! the old m7 and m8 will be desirable sleds for YEARS to come because they are proven reliable with a little diamond drive knowledge! know anyone thats willing to gamble on a pro rmk with 2k miles and no warranty?

so say what you will about the loved pro, its a 1200 to 2k throw away if you ask me, same with a few years of the rev 800's...

my rant is done. hahaha

-Aksnopro

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
rant is right, not to attack you but you put it out there like you know. But it shows how little you do.

The previous poo's werent far off, poo changed there geometry and dropped tons of weight, poo also put as much track on the ground with there skid in a 155" as cat does with a 162", it is also narrow, some don't like it but it helps it sidehill very steep terrain, sure it could be built better but it is a revolutionary sled weather you like it or not.
Hopefully cat has answered the pro rmk, looking at it means nothing and your statements have no foundation. Even when I bash something I still know what I'm talking about with added sarcasm, Q: Why do think they get so defensive when I bash A: The Truth Hurts!

Facts stated over.

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
OH im sorry, I didn't know you had the opportunity to ride the proclimb and had already done many miles of and side by side testing and comparasin. I thought that maybe you were just brand loyal and could really form an honest, unbiased opinion. My bad.

And the only real reason I bought a new pro is it feels very similar to my old 04 and 06 rev TO ME. Vertical steering or not, when you have a good idea, others will follow suit.

And as for arctic cat, if this new chassis works as well as I think it will, You could have had my money this year, instead of two years from now. Thanks for the demo...

Last edited:

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
Brand Loyalty.......

Ford Sucks!:boxing: Dodge blows!

so does your cat cause Im not riding one.

I own a chev, but you probably already knew that.

Last edited:

glassman

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2003
Hinton, Alberta
I feel like Bill Murray in groundhog day, I wake up each day and the thread on weight is still the same, 337 posts in the first one 161 in this one.

Polaris sucks no Cat sucks, Polaris great no Cat is great..... Snowblower sucks and blows no yo-yo boy sucks more.... I can't wait for the threads in winter once the lies really start.

I know, it is awesome to get under the skin of loyalists. If you think of brands as a religion, religion starts more wars than anything.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
hahaha, i can take it im a big boy, if you cant tell the new cat addressed some issues we had in the past without riding it then your blind, the bogie wheels tied together, that's gonna be weaker, the torque link, that has to hurt belt life, the bars going from the upper shocks to the steering post, that has to hurt the strength.. i don't doubt its going to have some first year problems but i do see the pros of this new chassis and like i said a million times on here i cant wait to get some air under my *** on it.

i never mentioned its more flick able it rides better or any bs like that i stated the breakthroughs that i see in the new chassis. that's it. don't get your pants in a wad cause i don't by into the pro chassis being the everything.

i never said the pro wasn't a sweet *** ride, i just said it didn't reinvent the wheel.

shows how little i do know ha? i know this wyo i wouldn't insult your intelligence, so stick with a rebuttal that keeps stating facts instead of insults. maybe well get somewhere that way instead in a ring.

skidoo in 08 make the lightest sled and then 4 years later its 30 pounds heavier. Polaris bought into this too and it works you weight gurus love it. and it will always be the weight it was the first year it came out even though they add weight to them every year. ya ya ya!!!!

well cat does it the opposite. they build a chassis then find the spots they can efford to take weight out of every year after.

so your rebuttal to my post was that there skid was there breakthrough, and the diet it went on?

i can agree, its a blast to ride. i just didn't see the holy cow its a whole new world i can do things on this i cant on any other sled that everyone seems to think, and with the reliability issues, did they fix the motor??? Did they????

good day!

-Aksnopro

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
In 2011, stock for stock the pro will go farther in the steep and deep (I'm talking backcountry at its best and in the trees) They built a great sled with a chity motor, to say they didn't reinvent anything would be false because after how many years cat held the spot getting lighter and lighter then boom the pro beats it. Hard to say they didn't, and yeah I would rather have cat with a few mods and beat the pro but its not happening where I ride when comparing stock to stock. I like what I see on the new Pro-C but is it enough, time will tel.

C
Nov 26, 2009
vt
and all polaris had to do was buy one of cats best mountain/tree/all around riders and have him tell them how a real sled should be built.:noidea:

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
the auto adjusting chain case cant be too much heaver then a 9/16's bolt and a couple nuts pushing against the chain that you have to adjust every time your chain stretches. it looks lighter to me, in less im missing something it was just a spring and a little ratchet arm.

i had high hopes this year to see someone dethrone the HCR in Valdez hill climb competition this year cause i knew the pro was a competitor but, it was a cat show again.

fact is my decision to by my M won me races, and has got me 2200 miles of bullet proof ripping! i wouldn't judge anyone for getting a pro there my two fav sleds on the market right now.

im pretty biased towards cats motor, i have a riding buddy whos on 6 engine rebuilds and 26 different fuel maps on his old dragon. i know its not the pro and they redid the clean fire injection.but i couldn't get over it, and that's Polaris's fault. even if they have gotten better they have a reputation to make up. and there is still doubt in peoples heads. so the one year they could have been king there were doubts in the motor.

hopefully both manufacturers built a solid sled this year so we can all get out there and enjoy what we love. :)

braaaaanndd BRAAAAAP

-Aksnopro

Last edited:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
im pretty biased towards cats motor, i have a riding buddy whos on 6 engine rebuilds and 26 different fuel maps on his old dragon. i know its not the pro and they redid the clean fire injection.but i couldn't get over it, and that's Polaris's fault. even if they have gotten better they have a reputation to make up. and there is still doubt in peoples heads. so the one year they could have been king there were doubts in the motor.

-Aksnopro

This is the reason most of us on here ride cats

Premium Features