• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 Proclimb M153 on the scales (pic) 11lbs over the 11

Z
Sep 18, 2008
NW IA
I didnt really care for the look of it when I first seen a picture, but it looks way better in real life. The spindles dont seem too look as huge either. As long as it gets there and back, thats all that matters

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
so if my adding is right pro poo and non etec doo is around 521#s wet and full.new m8 with 70#s of gas is 560.

Last edited:
A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
no.2012 summit powertech not same as cat

Every person I know buying a Skidoo is buying the etec. I would to if I was looking at a Skidoo. It's a better motor than the 800R! It seems the weight isn't scaring them away!

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Organslider, your other view of the spindles is weak and has absolutely NO substance because you haven't ridden the proclimb. If you had ridden it your opinion would be worth something. You test rode the pro for 3 hours and made a decision to buy from that test ride, then you look at a picture of the proclimb and decide that was good enough! Spend 3 hours on a proclimb then come back with a opinion that is based off real experience!

You have no idea what your talkin about!!:kev:

Haha his opinion? he come off a 03 rmk of course anything he RIDES is going to be the best. now he's a expert along with some of the others on here. I rode a pro rmk last year and thought it was way underpowered compared to the etech and cats but at least it was light right?. Glad your happy with the rmk aka REBUILT MOTOR KING order some pistons now, they may be on back order soon... ,lol

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Haha his opinion? he come off a 03 rmk of course anything he RIDES is going to be the best. now he's a expert along with some of the others on here. I rode a pro rmk last year and thought it was way underpowered compared to the etech and cats but at least it was light right?. Glad your happy with the rmk aka REBUILT MOTOR KING order some pistons now, they may be on back order soon... ,lol

lol,

The cat is just ugly thats all, and there are lots of pro's being sold, so the pro must be better,

A

ArcticJunkie

Mar 16, 2009
Nashwauk, MN
Well I guess you will just have to get use to looking at a lot of donkeys a$$es cause there are going to be out in front of you all day :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-sho

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
A little off topic but be thankful you ordered cats for power, apprently local guy here put his 2012 Pro Poo on the dyno for breakin and then full power run: 141hp and 92lbs tq at 8100 rpm. Not sure what potential the motor has with pipe can reeds etc, but that is weak out of the box. It better be light weight becasue at 7000ft it will be making 110hp. With a programmer my 1100T will be exactly double that at 220.

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
A little off topic but be thankful you ordered cats for power, apprently local guy here put his 2012 Pro Poo on the dyno for breakin and then full power run: 141hp and 92lbs tq at 8100 rpm. Not sure what potential the motor has with pipe can reeds etc, but that is weak out of the box. It better be light weight becasue at 7000ft it will be making 110hp. With a programmer my 1100T will be exactly double that at 220.

Wow...my 600 iq with foam removed from underhood is making 200 hp at 10,000ft

because you read it on snowest it has to be true.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Wow...my 600 iq with foam removed from underhood is making 200 hp at 10,000ft

because you read it on snowest it has to be true.

Last year they had the same results, but after break in it went up a little, doesn't matter though they still work good in the pow but need a little tweaking. You polaris guys get so defensive its obvious.

Ski-Dont89

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2010
WYOMING
its just stupid...the 1100t is rated at 177 hp

and oh i can throw a controller on and have 220 hp

i removed the underhood foam and added 100 hp

lol

im not even getting defensive...i dont even have a pro...

but the post i was responding to was not comparing apples to apples

F
Nov 15, 2010
its just stupid...the 1100t is rated at 177 hp

and oh i can throw a controller on and have 220 hp

i removed the underhood foam and added 100 hp

lol

im not even getting defensive...i dont even have a pro...

but the post i was responding to was not comparing apples to apples

One is a true statement the other is not...

H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
I really hope I get a chance to ride a Proclimb this season. The fact that it's very slightly heavier shouldn't concern anyone. Weight is always easy to remove. Some will be free, some will cost. Even stock, I think this sled will perform excellent. I test rode a Pro in Dec/'10. Before the ride I told friends that if it handles like an XP, I'll be on a Cat next season. I've ridden M8's a few times and liked them. I did love the Pro though and ordered one. Not a bash against cat, they're both awesome machines. I'd take either one before a Doo.

I

Icedog

Feb 9, 2006
Grande Cache, AB
I really hope I get a chance to ride a Proclimb this season. The fact that it's very slightly heavier shouldn't concern anyone. Weight is always easy to remove. Some will be free, some will cost. Even stock, I think this sled will perform excellent. I test rode a Pro in Dec/'10. Before the ride I told friends that if it handles like an XP, I'll be on a Cat next season. I've ridden M8's a few times and liked them. I did love the Pro though and ordered one. Not a bash against cat, they're both awesome machines. I'd take either one before a Doo.

My feelings exactly. I went the other way and ordered a ProClimb, but I think the ProRMK is a sweet sled as well.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
For the life of me, I can't understand this obsession with weight. "This sled weighs more than last years sled!........... My mangina cannot handle an extra dozen pounds" That seems to be the sentiment of some on here...

A sub 500# sled will do very well in whatever situation you find yourself in.

If you think Arctic Cat just decided, "Heck, lets not worry about weight, lets design this thing the way we want, to heck with the weight", I think you are missing the bigger picture.

Could it be that the Cat engineers wanted this new chassis to have running boards that do not flex 3" when you put your feet on them?

Heck, if you don't like the weight, you have other choices....... Go that way then!

All the people who don't understand why weight matters amaze me. If you ride technical terrain, jump, or ever get stuck... WEIGHT MATTERS. You may not feel 10-12, but you feel 30 for sure. I've dug out pros & own a PC, and have tons of friends on M's... and the pro is NOTABLY lighter then the PC, no question, no comparison.

Might be tough to tell, but my running boards are bent more than any of my riding buddies with pros, and they all jump, and a few of them weigh 20+ lbs more than me.
418860_2629514179179_1295088056_32103322_1516641223_n.jpg

Next year the pro will be even lighter... and you guys will still be making sad excuses for why it's ok for cat to make a substandard sled. If I wanted one of those... I'd buy a skidoo!!!:face-icon-small-win

Come out here & ride with us... we'll compare manginas sometime... it's not about "not handling it" it's about LESS IS MORE. I want the best sled I can get & at this point, the pro looks better & better every day that I don't see a bunch of them going down. We've had a BUNCH of guys on here sell their 12 PC's & go to the pro... CO 2.0 is the most recent that I know of... so yes, there IS another choice, and if you guys keep making excuses for cat, so they think it's ok to send us an overweight pig, I'll be just another of the people to go.

btw...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.362744920404406.92246.129298157082418&type=3

It's gonna get worse.

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
I will admit, i called on 2 different 2011 m8's that were for sale and and asked why they are selling and both were getting pro's. Just ironic.

Lucky for us AC shoppers i guess.

everyone has their day in the sun...

Premium Features