• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who has a testride on a ProClimb??

S

Steve86

Nov 28, 2007
Rathdrum, ID
My opinion. Watch it for a year and see how everything holds up. 1st year with a new design can always be interesting. Cat has a good track record with the M series so hopefully they arent leaving a beautiful thing.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
So I'm cool......I had one here last night.

I get to ride the T 1,100 162'' today. The problem is that it's in MN and it's flat. The snow is hard this morn. should soften this afternoon. I think we'll get it into deep cat tail swamp. We are bringing 2010 M-8's, 2010 XP 144'', Crossfire and several other sleds. I hope a VanAmrerg 162 turbo Nitro and my 975 mod King Cat. At least we will do side by side comparisons. I tired of the King Cat bumpy trail ride, so that is one thing I'm checking out. The power also. At this altitude I doubt if it will keep up to my King on a drag race. I'll try to run against it on the best snow we have, All of our sleds will feel bad on this snow. I'm glad we will have our own sleds there too. Maybe then we can feel how the new sled is by the side by side comparisson.
I'll take pictures, but I have trouble posting them on this site. Maybe someone can help me figure it out tonight.
Just so you know, I want this sled to be the answer to my dreams. I'm tired of my loud, rough riding, King Cat. Albiet fast. If I turn away from this new sled, you'll know it's cra*.

Owen

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
They took 14 of us out behind the Cat R/D shop in island park very fun sleds very precise steering very easy steering

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
The 1100t was a WOW sled big power fasted sled I have ever been on more fun than a 2 stroke turbo
How does the weight feel? If your comeing off a stock m1000 or other big sled you will not notice it much. The have vertical steering kit already and that makes huge difference vertical steering is a must

More later

K

Kruchy

Sep 30, 2009
Goodsoil, SK
The 1100t was a WOW sled big power fasted sled I have ever been on more fun than a 2 stroke turbo
How does the weight feel? If your comeing off a stock m1000 or other big sled you will not notice it much. The have vertical steering kit already and that makes huge difference vertical steering is a must

More later
Will the vertical be ready for the m1100 t for production time?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
The bias opinions some are talking about may be biased but they wont be lies. They are not going to bite the hand that feeds them but if they don't approve they would not say anything at. So the fact they said anything is enough to say there are positive to this new chassis. There may be something about the sled that they don't a approve of completely and we may like to hear it, but if it was said, it would just get twisted and if there was more time spent on the sled it may not be a problem. Theres things about the pro rmk I don't like but I'm not going to dog it yet without more time but I have said what I do like. What has been said you can take for a fact IMO. Everyone is different and you have to factor in there take vs what yours is going to be and I am sure there will be someone that hates it.

IMO: Basically, this thread is a result of AC sticking it to us with no demo rides. Don't take it out on those trying to help.

Thanks for the reports from those that have shared.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
The Turbo is easier to ride than a King Kat way easier

Last edited:
H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Oh Dave your so right! Coming off a M1000 it just feels so much more easier to ride and steer. I dont have alot of seat time on a M8 been riding the M1000 for 5 years so it is something after riding that has me excited! The engineer that was with us today was not sure if the vertical steering would make it to production this fall, but knew it was currently being tested for the Turbos but just was not sure if it would come on the 2012 sleds or in a kit application. You got a yes though on the sleds?

Last edited:

J-Dog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho Falls Id
The T1100 that I rode was alot harder to throw around than my M1000. And the only light weight stuff that I have done to mine is a pipe. On a wide open hill it would be great but threw the trees not as fun.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Oh Dave your so right! Coming off a M1000 it just feels so much more easier to ride and steer. I dont have alot of seat time on a M8 been riding the M1000 for 5 years so it is something after riding that has me excited! The engineer that was with us today was not sure if the vertical steering would make it to production this fall, but knew it was currently being tested for the Turbos but just was not sure if it would come on the 2012 sleds or in a kit application. You got a yes though on the sleds?

They had one engineering mule with a the vertical post and 38 wide a arms that I got to ride, totally different beast set up that way, can't be compared to the 1100 HCR I rode with conventional steering, that one felt way heavyer

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
They had one engineering mule with a the vertical post and 38 wide a arms that I got to ride, totally different beast set up that way, can't be compared to the 1100 HCR I rode with conventional steering, that one felt way heavyer

hoping we can get a 38" a-arm kit, is a different sled in that manner...

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
We were told today that the Turbo 1100's will be built in September or later so hopefully that will give them enough lead time to make the steering and a-arm changes.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
So... HCR is out?

No, not at all, that one had the conventional steering and I just cant ride a sled with that type of steering, you might like that type of steering, if they finish the vertical steering kit it will fit all 4 strokes and will suit stand up riders better

Premium Features