• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who has a testride on a ProClimb??

T

tfrick821

Nov 27, 2007
eastern ia
Look up Ambers review on the t-sled suspension vs the KMOD and then make that statement, she is very close to t-sled and raved about the KMOD change. I am more than happy she did.

Not trying to join the pissing match, but doesn't her husband work for kmod?

So I think she does see benefit from kmod doing well, bet she didn't pay a dime for it.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
In regards to Brett being biased

I would think as much as Brett is involved with Arctic Cat, I would think any negative feedback would of been given during the prototype stage and Cat would of made most things to his liking.

And that would be the reason for many of the positive reviews IMO.

I can't wait to throw my leg over one and compare it to my 2011 M8 and the PROs I've ridden.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
I could barely hear Bret's interview but what I liked about Amber was that she didn't just say...."its the best ever. if you don't buy one, you are a moron."

She gave specific reasons why she liked it, she gave specific comparisons to sleds we are fairly familiar with. I am pretty convinced.

So there is a dealer ride next monday? Who is all going? Who can we expect some reviews from?

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Top Dogs

1. From What Cat informed us today here in Denver the top selling Dealers will get to ride at TOG. Period... no general public... and that was supposed to be about only 6 dealers.
  2. I hope at least these riders/dealers sell more than just Arctic CAt so we can get a overall unbiased true opinion.
Snowest at the EXPO had some intresting things to say about the new CAT- and I will leave it at that... but in a nutshell: "There was not a WOW factor involved"-and I for one was hoping for that being a loyal Cat buyer.

SC

R

RidnHigh

Dec 2, 2007
Spokane Washington
Look up Ambers review on the t-sled suspension vs the KMOD and then make that statement, she is very close to t-sled and raved about the KMOD change. I am more than happy she did.

This proved my point even further....Ambers husband Budd USED to work for Timbersled and now works for KMod...not saying that Allen and Budd had a falling out maybe they did maybe they didnt, but once again its a free product that she received "or earner" either way you look at it, it would be ridiculous to think she would say something bad as the original post was her giving her input that turned into a sales opportunity for the product...

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
  1. From What Cat informed us today here in Denver the top selling Dealers will get to ride at TOG. Period... no general public... and that was supposed to be about only 6 dealers.
  2. I hope at least these riders/dealers sell more than just Arctic CAt so we can get a overall unbiased true opinion.
Snowest at the EXPO had some intresting things to say about the new CAT- and I will leave it at that... but in a nutshell: "There was not a WOW factor involved"-and I for one was hoping for that being a loyal Cat buyer.

SC

Don't leave it at that....this is a forum, not the sisterhood of the....(wait, how do I know that?) Let us have it. Don't hold back. Whats the worst that could happen? they delete your post for posting facts....your not the one who will look bad.

There are people(like me) who are about to put down serious dough on these new machines and if there is something we should know, then let us know.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada

SC

This just isn't true. All the dealers in the circle of excellence are invited and that is quite a few. My dealer invited me to head down for the test rides (and Im just part of the general public) but I simple don't have the time (12 hr drive one way). Heck, all 3 dealers within 70 miles of where I live are in the circle of excellence, i don't think it takes too much.

onepicknick

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Well I hope they come to North ID with a demo I'm not loyal to any brand. I have an 01 RMK sitting outside sold my two King Cats one with the 1150 cutler now I have a 08 800 XP which I like and an 09 Nytro with the impulse turbo pushing 290 this one is a little hard to handle but I narrowed up the ski stance so it's more manageable. Rode the new Poo and was going to snowcheck but if I ride the cat and like it better I'll snowcheck it. If they don't let people ride it then I'll get the Poo. I say as of right now Polaris has the advantage with a 4yr warranty instead of Cats 2.

Last edited:
H

HOOCH256

Jan 5, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Well I hope they come to North ID with a demo I'm not loyal to any brand. I have an 01 RMK sitting outside sold my two King Cats one with the 1150 cutler now I have a 08 800 XP which I like and an 09 Nytro with the impulse turbo pushing 290 this one is a little hard to handle but I narrowed up the ski stance so it's more manageable. Rode the new Poo and was going to snowcheck but if I ride the cat and like it better I'll snowcheck it. If they don't let people ride it then I'll get the Poo. I say as of right now Polaris has the advantage with a 4yr warranty instead of Cats 2.

Cat offers a 4 year warranty

B

Budd

Nov 26, 2007
Eastern, ID.
This proved my point even further....Ambers husband Budd USED to work for Timbersled and now works for KMod...not saying that Allen and Budd had a falling out maybe they did maybe they didnt, but once again its a free product that she received "or earner" either way you look at it, it would be ridiculous to think she would say something bad as the original post was her giving her input that turned into a sales opportunity for the product...

Let me set a few facts straight for you guys. When Amber switched from a Mountain Tamer to a KMOD I was still working for Timbersled and I continued to work for Timbersled for 3 more months after that. Amber was out of control with the Mountain Tamer on her TM1000 and it was a big concern for both of us, the KMOD took care of the problems she was having so she went with it. Amber calls it like she sees it, she always has and she always will and I back her choices 100%. This did not set well with Timbersled and she new it would not make my job any easier but she did it any way based on facts and principle. I left Timbersled in July and took a full time CDL position with Pacific Steel and Recycling in Idaho Falls, ID. Its a secure place to be in these economic times. I help Kevin out at KMOD on a part time basis and based on what I know about after market mountain sled suspensions I personally feel that KMOD is the best all around. People asked for ride feed back on the new cats and Amber shared her opinion. Thanks, Budd

J-Dog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho Falls Id
Yes I got to ride the Proclimb m8 and the T1100 for about 2 1/2 hours on the hill. The snow was not the best it was very spring like kind of setup with about a foot of wet powder on it. On the way to the hill they are alot more stable in the corners than the old m. That being said you can guess what that dose to them as far as being nimble. It takes a little of the nimbleness away from them I'm not saying that they are not nimble but just not as nimble. I would say it's a cross between a xp and a m. I have not rode a polaris pro so I can't tell you on that one. The T1100 was incredible for power and yes it is heavier but still very nimble. It is nothing like the other 4strokes out there that I have rode. I never thought I would be thinking of getting a 4stroke this soon.

Boostfreak

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2002
Lander, Wyoming
Have a buddy that rides a 2011m8 and he is on a dealer ride with rasmussen on Tog today. Dealer said that he probably wont have any 2012 sleds? Hope thats wrong and he has atleast one for people to ride.

IQ?

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Vilhelmina,Sweden
www.facebook.com
Yes I got to ride the Proclimb m8 and the T1100 for about 2 1/2 hours on the hill. The snow was not the best it was very spring like kind of setup with about a foot of wet powder on it. On the way to the hill they are alot more stable in the corners than the old m. That being said you can guess what that does to them as far as being nimble. It takes a little of the nimbleness away from them I'm not saying that they are not nimble but just not as nimble. I would say it's a cross between a xp and a m. I have not rode a polaris pro so I can't tell you on that one. The T1100 was incredible for power and yes it is heavier but still very nimble. It is nothing like the other 4strokes out there that I have rode. I never thought I would be thinking of getting a 4stroke this soon.

1#First real Review to me.Keep em coming.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
do you think that the lack of the "nimble feeling" could be a combo of hard snow and how the suspension is set up. i know on my 2010 m8(even more than on my m7) was very sensitive to shocks being set too stiff. manuvered like a concrete truck until I got it set down in the 70's. I wonder if this suspension will respond in the same way?

Premium Features