• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rip Charger

Justified

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
Hey guys, Any one hear about anything on the rip charger yet. I was just seeing if theres some seat time on these yet. I know its early in the season. Anyone have any input?
Thanks

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
They are going to get 20 or so kits out here in the next couple months for testing and once they are satisfied with the setup they will release around 100 mid season. They have been at the shows in Canada and have teamed up with Powderlites and BDX to help with the manufacturing end of things.

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
I saw them at the Edmonton show and talked to him pretty in depth. It is a super clean install, said it takes about 2 1/2 hours. He said at first they will have around 7-9 lbs of boost, but with pulley changes it will be able to run 11. He also said they can make 1/2 lb of boost at idle, and 4-5 lbs at 6500 rpms, talk about boondocking! I want one

D

dubbs

Dec 8, 2007
Calgary ab
How does this system compensate for air density change? One of my buddies had a blower on his apex and was always pissing around with fuel adjustments... Is this more of a low elev flatlander toy or what?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Talked to a guy that has one. He has run it up to 10 pounds. Said it has incredible bottom end compared to his turbos. He said the weak link is the gear box. When they get that issue figured out I would assume they will release them.

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
The one at the Edmonton show didn't have any kind of valve at the pipe outlet that I could see. Thought that was required to make it work?

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Talked to a guy that has one. He has run it up to 10 pounds. Said it has incredible bottom end compared to his turbos. He said the weak link is the gear box. When they get that issue figured out I would assume they will release them.

When you say gear box, do you mean diamond drive or the gears in the supercharger unit?

Quicksilver

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
the Great White North
The one at the Edmonton show didn't have any kind of valve at the pipe outlet that I could see. Thought that was required to make it work?

I asked about that and he said that they have the patent on the exhaust to allow the right amount of backpressure but they dont want to show that part of the kit yet. Stock pipe...no welding and you can remove the kit and reinstall on another sled. If you break the supercharger drive belt the sled will run well enough to get you back down the mtn.

Premium Features