For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Yamaha: Product Reviews and Installs Reviews and Installs of products made specifically for our Yamaha sleds!

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 15,359 Times in 7,278 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default Installation and Review: SKINZ Air Frame Running Boards

This afternoon my Skinz Protective Gear Airframe Boards arrived from Sled Solutions (http://www.sledsolutions.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=164_168_191&products_id=760).

I requested this be powdercoated in Yamaha Blue as I thought it would add a nice touch to my Blue 2010 SE. Skinz was more than happy to accommodate this request and did a fabulous job on the powder-coating!

While I have not yet done the install, I wanted to let everyone know what was built and shipped to me.

Some may ask why I bother with the photos of the shipping material. Having been in custom manufacturing, HOW a specialty product is packed and shipped to the customer says ALOT about the overall quality of the product itself.

Skinz packaging and shipping was FIRST RATE!
Everything arrived INTACT without any scratches or abrasions, extremely well wrapped and boxed.

The overall quality of the finished product "Appears" to be excellent!
The beauty of their aluminum welds speaks volumes all by itself. Every one of the welds was Clean and Crisp, and there are a whole lot of welds!!

As summer rolls along and I get this installed, I will add more to this post.

The Box.

Well Wrapped, each board fully isolated from the other one.

Board on it's side.

Board flat in the position you would stand on it.
Notice there are NO traction studs installed.
The user is required to drill and screw all of the studs into the cross bars for traction.

Closeup of Front Rightside Board

Closeup of Front Rightside board

Closeup Rear Rightside Board.

Boards were shipped with.

True Weight

Mounting Rivets and Traction Screws

Last edited by christopher; 06-21-2010 at 11:03 PM.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 06-21-2010, 04:33 PM
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Now that the photos are posted, some thoughts.

The boards are pretty much exactly what I was hoping they would be.
They feel STRONG and STIFF in my hands.
Very solid and if looks tell you anything, very well made.
Of course I won't really know till the old boards are cut off and the new ones riveted on.

I was a little surprised that none of the traction screws were installed from the factory, but I can understand why, and it might turn out that that makes the boards easier to install onto the sled. As once they are riveted to the sled, they will be in a great position to drill the pilot holes and then fasten in the screws. Again, only time will tell.

But for now I am JAZZED.
These look nothing short of stunning and I can't wait to see my sled with them installed.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Currently: Not set.
blackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond reputeblackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond reputeblackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond reputeblackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond reputeblackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond reputeblackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond reputeblackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond reputeblackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond reputeblackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond reputeblackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond reputeblackhillsnytro has a reputation beyond repute

Was hoping to see some traction screws as the page scrolled down! Drilling on a radius is always fun, hope you can get it done without scratching the powder coat. Looks like a nice product though

Old 06-21-2010, 06:06 PM
Garage

The screws are all in the little plastic bag.
Haven't zeroed in on how I am going to pull off that little feat.
A drill press would be really nice if there was a simple fast way to hold the board in place and drill away.

have not gone through the printed instructions they sent yet.

Old 06-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Currently: Waiting on Snow!
SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Sled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Skinz never cuts corners, product to packaging! There is a lot of truth to the saying, "you get what you pay for".

Can't wait to see the install take shape.

What note on the traction screws. If you think about it you will be happy they give you the freedom to install as many or few as you want AND where. The key to installing will be a sharp punch and a gentle hand.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Garage

I like that the instructions tell you to read them TWICE before you get started.

Old 06-24-2010, 06:27 AM
Currently: Enjoying the new ProClimb
philsummers21 has a reputation beyond reputephilsummers21 has a reputation beyond reputephilsummers21 has a reputation beyond reputephilsummers21 has a reputation beyond reputephilsummers21 has a reputation beyond reputephilsummers21 has a reputation beyond reputephilsummers21 has a reputation beyond reputephilsummers21 has a reputation beyond reputephilsummers21 has a reputation beyond reputephilsummers21 has a reputation beyond reputephilsummers21 has a reputation beyond repute

very interested to see how those boards attach to the tunnel and how stiff they end up being. Keep us posted.

Old 06-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Currently: Snow in hills, waiting on sled to get here!!!
MTdream has a reputation beyond reputeMTdream has a reputation beyond reputeMTdream has a reputation beyond reputeMTdream has a reputation beyond reputeMTdream has a reputation beyond reputeMTdream has a reputation beyond reputeMTdream has a reputation beyond reputeMTdream has a reputation beyond reputeMTdream has a reputation beyond reputeMTdream has a reputation beyond reputeMTdream has a reputation beyond repute

Have rode the boards, they are insanely strong...WAY stronger than stock, and stronger than other aftermarket boards...(have had the two top brands) I am about 250...and when they dont flex with me on them, they are plenty strong!!!

Here is a pic of them in action last winter...

9/11/2001....I will NOT forget!!!

Old 06-24-2010, 12:25 PM
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by philsummers21 View Post
very interested to see how those boards attach to the tunnel and how stiff they end up being. Keep us posted.
Will do.
I am waiting on a small piece for my new sled lift.
Once that piece arrives, the sled comes into the garage and goes under the knife!!

Old 06-24-2010, 12:27 PM
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTdream View Post
Have rode the boards, they are insanely strong...WAY stronger than stock, and stronger than other aftermarket boards...(have had the two top brands) I am about 250...and when they dont flex with me on them, they are plenty strong!!!

Here is a pic of them in action last winter...
Just from holding them I would have to agree.
There is NO TWIST or FLEX to them at all.
The cross member construction has resulted in a VERY RIDGED structure.

Like MTdream, I am 230lbs, and looking forward to a more secure foothold and doesn't flex under my weight.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:47 PM
vector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond reputevector boy has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 06-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Currently: Enjoying the new ProClimb
philsummers21 has a reputation beyond reputephilsummers21 has a reputation beyond reputephilsummers21 has a reputation beyond reputephilsummers21 has a reputation beyond reputephilsummers21 has a reputation beyond reputephilsummers21 has a reputation beyond reputephilsummers21 has a reputation beyond reputephilsummers21 has a reputation beyond reputephilsummers21 has a reputation beyond reputephilsummers21 has a reputation beyond reputephilsummers21 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 06-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Currently: Waiting for my Silber and TKI to be installed!!
grizzly7 has a reputation beyond reputegrizzly7 has a reputation beyond reputegrizzly7 has a reputation beyond reputegrizzly7 has a reputation beyond reputegrizzly7 has a reputation beyond reputegrizzly7 has a reputation beyond reputegrizzly7 has a reputation beyond reputegrizzly7 has a reputation beyond reputegrizzly7 has a reputation beyond reputegrizzly7 has a reputation beyond reputegrizzly7 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 06-24-2010, 10:40 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 06-30-2010, 01:40 PM
essexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond reputeessexy has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 06-30-2010, 01:44 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 07-04-2010, 10:53 PM
dexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond reputedexter has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 07-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 07-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Currently: Waiting on Snow!
SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Sled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond reputeSled Solutions has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Sled Solutions For This Useful Post:
essexy (07-20-2010)
Old 08-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 08-13-2010, 01:51 AM
big_red1a has a reputation beyond reputebig_red1a has a reputation beyond reputebig_red1a has a reputation beyond reputebig_red1a has a reputation beyond reputebig_red1a has a reputation beyond reputebig_red1a has a reputation beyond reputebig_red1a has a reputation beyond reputebig_red1a has a reputation beyond reputebig_red1a has a reputation beyond reputebig_red1a has a reputation beyond reputebig_red1a has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 08-13-2010, 08:02 AM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 08-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 08-13-2010, 09:19 PM
Currently: Waiting for my Silber and TKI to be installed!!
grizzly7 has a reputation beyond reputegrizzly7 has a reputation beyond reputegrizzly7 has a reputation beyond reputegrizzly7 has a reputation beyond reputegrizzly7 has a reputation beyond reputegrizzly7 has a reputation beyond reputegrizzly7 has a reputation beyond reputegrizzly7 has a reputation beyond reputegrizzly7 has a reputation beyond reputegrizzly7 has a reputation beyond reputegrizzly7 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 08-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
Rudy Blizzard (02-11-2014)