• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 M8 dying on hills

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Today on my 09 M8 I was climbing a hill through the trees I let off the throttle for a second, hammerd it again and it felt like it was going to die let off and hammerd it again and everything was fine. A couple hours and miles later I climbed up through some trees and stopped on top of the hill, I went to take off and if I touched the throttle it would try to die, when I let off the throttle it would idle fine. It didn't matter if I gave it a little throttle or full throttle. It did that for about 30 seconds and 5-10 throttle pulls. Then ran fine the rest of the day. If it does this while I'm in the trees on a steep climb it could be very bad.:mad:

The sled is stock except RK-TEK secondary. and Gold finger. It has 225 mi. It was warm up there today about 35-38 deg. @ 6,000 ft. no lights flashing on the gauge.

K.Materi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wyoming
Make sure your air inlets werent covered with snow. This is a problem with all the M series. They are usually fine until it gets deep. You think cat could figure this out.:rolleyes:

Premium Features