• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone have a # to AC that has some pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Well initially they denied it right, squeeky wheel gets the grease...or in this case, warranty. Probably tired of your threats, and maybe a freebe because you do help out? IDK.

All I've tried to do is understand more, and you've done nothing to "educate" this backyard mechanic, which as I stated, is all I am, and already stated I don't know a whole lot, but now that makes me stupid.

I stopped reading the first page half way down when all it was was a lot of bickering. It would be real easy to quote where you explained the many ways an engine could cold seize, instead of being an ignorant AZZ

Well something certainly made you stupid. Hope you find out the cause.

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
Mean - to fag -to mean again. Must be listening to Indiana's governor. I was liking the reviews on the new 16! What happened?

My $0.2 on the mystery cold seizures at slow speeds after proper warm up is crappy fuel. Ive been down this road before with multiple tests on sensors and leak down tests and nothing shows up. Change fuel and or octane rating from another source and no problems since. As stated we have no control of the sensors and a few of them don't pickup resistance at low rpm. Again my $0.2.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
"Yet I've seen multiple engines do it at operating temp. I also understand why they did

One would think that if you understand why it happens then you could avoid it happening in the future. But then it keeps happening to you on 3 different motors?

Am I missing something? Is this "cold seize" gonna be an cat epidemic or just to wyoboy's motors?

Something smells fishy.[/QUOTE]

Why do you think I've never had it happen on a mod sled, I took over fuel management.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Well initially they denied it right, squeeky wheel gets the grease...or in this case, warranty. Probably tired of your threats, and maybe a freebe because you do help out? IDK.

All I've tried to do is understand more, and you've done nothing to "educate" this backyard mechanic, which as I stated, is all I am, and already stated I don't know a whole lot, but now that makes me stupid.

I stopped reading the first page half way down when all it was was a lot of bickering. It would be real easy to quote where you explained the many ways an engine could cold seize, instead of being an ignorant AZZ

How many times did I say read the posts, just read mine and you may start to understand. Yet you don't and blame me for the failure and then say I'm being an azz when I have actually given you info, your just to lazy to read it and jump to conclusions.

Threats on AC, your joking right. I haven't even talked to them, they don't care anyway. They just had a blanket statement. So I told my dealer he better call and figure it out if he wanted to sell sleds, and I did it nicely.
He talked to them and then I held off because they changed the there tune. Its just dumb that he even has to call and talk to them on a failure that isn't the customers fault. If it where someone else he (being a new dealer) could have assumed they wouldn't by there statement and lost my business.

I would have no problem leaving AC, but I prefer not to leave a new dealer hanging.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Mean - to fag -to mean again. Must be listening to Indiana's governor. I was liking the reviews on the new 16! What happened?

My $0.2 on the mystery cold seizures at slow speeds after proper warm up is crappy fuel. Ive been down this road before with multiple tests on sensors and leak down tests and nothing shows up. Change fuel and or octane rating from another source and no problems since. As stated we have no control of the sensors and a few of them don't pickup resistance at low rpm. Again my $0.2.

yep, that's one of the many that "could of" done it.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Any Way, Cat is taking care of it. I think because my dealer is new he is not used to blanket statements vs what really happens.
So I'm getting a 16. Simple and done.

But it was entertaining while waiting for snow, lol. Anyone that would like to ride just let me know, we have a stock 16 here too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features