• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installation and Review: T.S Fabrications HD Nytro Oil Tank

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well there I was.
Getting ready to remove my Supercharger Pully and had to take off this oil tank.

Wasn't paying CLOSE enough attention when I disconected the lower fitting to seperate it from the sled and trashed the O-Ring.

Time to order in a couple and get a SPARE ...

attachment.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Those o-rings have a tendency to get brittle after a couple of years... Common occurrence.

Sent from Moto's iPharce 5
PsychoSled.com - Got snow?

Ya, I am NOT faulting the manufacturer on this at all.
Fired off a note to him this afternoon asking him to sell me a couple new ones.

Still LOVE THE TANK.
Its built SO WELL!!!

NOSNOWNOGO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 22, 2021
Edmond Oklahoma
No christopher you are not the only one out there with my oil tank there's 30 plus tanks out there on various nytro's around the US and Canada. Have not heard of any problems with any of my tanks this far. Would love to hear reviews and comments to further perfect the tanks if needed. THANKS Sledhead162
sledhead162 are you having any foaming issues at all? I put my viper and mcx components in one of my axys chassis. completed the build and now Im cleaning up fit and finish. Built my own air to water intercooler and exchangers as well as all mounting fabrication. I have never needed to build an oil tank so I have not looked too much into baffle design and distribution points. I know I could cut apart factory and duplicate if need be. Any trial and error info would be greatly appreciated!

zx4ever

Lifetime Membership
Jun 6, 2011
Northern Bc. Canada
sledhead162 are you having any foaming issues at all? I put my viper and mcx components in one of my axys chassis. completed the build and now Im cleaning up fit and finish. Built my own air to water intercooler and exchangers as well as all mounting fabrication. I have never needed to build an oil tank so I have not looked too much into baffle design and distribution points. I know I could cut apart factory and duplicate if need be. Any trial and error info would be greatly appreciated!
If space is limited I have heard of the apex tank being used. I would love to hear more about your build. As I just finished up my yamalaris. A nytro in a dragon chassis

NOSNOWNOGO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 22, 2021
Edmond Oklahoma
Nice! Ya I looked at that and figured it would work. I have already had it on the snow. Just cleaning things up now for cleaner fit and finish. Never liked the tank to begin with. I had a pile into the sled as a viper and was unable to get turbo mfg on board of fixing det issues from high charge air temps. figured if I needed to fix the problem I would rather have it in one of my Axys chassis. Hows the weight on Drago? Can only imagine its a fire breathing Dragon!

zx4ever

Lifetime Membership
Jun 6, 2011
Northern Bc. Canada
Nice! Ya I looked at that and figured it would work. I have already had it on the snow. Just cleaning things up now for cleaner fit and finish. Never liked the tank to begin with. I had a pile into the sled as a viper and was unable to get turbo mfg on board of fixing det issues from high charge air temps. figured if I needed to fix the problem I would rather have it in one of my Axys chassis. Hows the weight on Drago? Can only imagine its a fire breathing Dragon!
I have not weighed the yamalaris but it feels light to ride and I can actually lift the front and the back end off the ground, something I can not say about my nytro. It is a stocker no turbo on this one more of a experiment to see how the motor would be in a better balanced chassis. I would love to find a axys chassis for my next build but I will most likely settle for the pro chassis and 174 track and nytro turbo motor. The wiring in the picture looks like hell. It is a lot of work to make a one of sled good job and let us know how it works out. Maybe even some more pics

Attachments

• 791C3E17-D8C4-4FD7-AA2F-C8137D760455.jpeg
    791C3E17-D8C4-4FD7-AA2F-C8137D760455.jpeg
    447.6 KB · Views: 7

NOSNOWNOGO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 22, 2021
Edmond Oklahoma
I have not weighed the yamalaris but it feels light to ride and I can actually lift the front and the back end off the ground, something I can not say about my nytro. It is a stocker no turbo on this one more of a experiment to see how the motor would be in a better balanced chassis. I would love to find a axys chassis for my next build but I will most likely settle for the pro chassis and 174 track and nytro turbo motor. The wiring in the picture looks like hell. It is a lot of work to make a one of sled good job and let us know how it works out. Maybe even some more pics
Nice Work! Ya Im always up for a Challenge! I feel the pro chassis is very comparable to the M8 chassis the viper and now sidewinder have. Works well its just not an Axys. To me Pro to Axys is much like I.Q to Pro. Whole new World. I have a BD kit on an Axys and another 850 that is relatively stock. I did some clutching, timing and built a Man Can Muffler. Can cook a 16 0z ribey in about 20 min. I find myself wanting to ride 50cent(850) more. Im a 155 2.6 fan. Often times Im shaking my head and laughing in disbelief to where that sled will go and keep going. I ran a 174 on my Nytro with 21lbs of boost. was an absolute monster. Switching up to the viper I installed a KMOD Skid and a 162 3.2". Love the transfer lock ability. Now I have the 162 Kmod with 3.2" in the 155 Axys. I believe all of it together might just be the winner winner chicken dinner. Nytro long block weighs 128lbs. Polaris long block is 98 lbs. Just fyi. Viper 1050 is a little lighter from Factory. After you throw away the Junk parts and buy corrilo rods so they dont snap in half under boost its the same just costs another 3500 bucks. You can literally take a hack saw blade and cut through the viper rods and when you do the same to a stock nytro rod it wont scratch. If you go boost rear mount turbo so your charge air can be cooled by snow in tunnel same as MCX kits on Nytros. If you forward Mount run Air to water intercooler!!!!! AIR to AIR may be More Effecient thermal transfer but there is ONE HUGE PROBLEM! What happens when there is no air Flow? which in 99% of the conditions I ride in is the factor. You guessed it. An EXTREMELY HIGHLY EFFECIENT HEATER! I installed a temp sensor in pre cooler pipe and post cooler plentum on the water to air I built for this sled. Doing so in the past with 2 stroke turbos Charge air was very consistenly 64°. Most run 160 to 180. my viper had steam rolling off most of the time so I know it was 212 at a min. Every 10 degrees is a HP.

NOSNOWNOGO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 22, 2021
Edmond Oklahoma
https://www.snowest.com/forum/threads/vipax.458612/ Here is the thread I started for the build.

NOSNOWNOGO

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 22, 2021
Edmond Oklahoma
https://www.snowest.com/forum/threads/vipax.458612/ Here is the thread I started for the build.
https://www.snowest.com/forum/threads/vipax-combining-david-and-goliath.458739/ ok. Hopefully I got it right!

Premium Features