• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AC 2014 release tomorrow....what time?

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Nice work

Cat loses 18 pounds and worked on some of their issues, id say thats a hair more than BNG's. Quit b!tch1ng for once

X2 on that!!!!

Some of you guys act like spoiled 2 year olds in a damn candy store. :face-icon-small-hap

The 3 biggest things people mentioned in the 'what would you like changed for 14' they worked on.

1. Weight: -18 pounds, it's a start and would like to know more on this (on the LEs my assumption it's the new seat and tank combo (which I like), just a guess)

2. More fuel capacity: This is big in my book (sorry Saber not a 'yawn' for me). Only complaint I have about my 13 is the tank, it sucks period! There is pickup issues and your kidding yourselfs if you don't think there is. Yes there is fixes, but hopefully they've addressed that too. I will update to the 14 seat/tank or buy a trail tank for my 13.

3. Fix clutches: On surface appears they are trying to address this, although I do not think its as big an issue as some are making it and gearing is a bigger part of the equation then some one here want to accept/admit, we'll see.

Dealers please post more on the new skid location after your tech sessions. Look what a difference this made in the 13s vs 12s, I'm assuming its continuing in the right direction and better. Also would like to hear more on gearing and any other changes they made in the chain case.

More on the -18 pounds, please!!!

Awesome job on the color schemes, some of the best looking sleds to-date.

Only real complaint - AC either drop the damn "snow build up" campaign or have an independent 3 party perform a similar test - hint snowest magazine! Doesn't look good coming from in-house, sorry just my opinion. Theory great, wrong approach.

Cheers!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

PS - DamDave I will overnight you the adoption paperwork today, so go ahead and add a 2nd orange/black to the spring order.....hahaha

Last edited:

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
From my view, one more gallon isn't enough to change my riding habits or amount of extra fuel I carry so yawn.

New seat is ok and is an easy mod for my 12 and 13 sleds.

Haven't had any belt issues in 2300 miles on the two sleds so clutch changes don't get me exited.

Think the eighteen pounds is on the 1100T so don't have my hopes up.

In summary, not enough value to take the trade in hit on buying a 14.

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
From my view, one more gallon isn't enough to change my riding habits or amount of extra fuel I carry so yawn.

Haven't had any belt issues in 2300 miles on the two sleds so clutch changes don't get me exited.

Website says 18 lbs on all M sleds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado

1 gallon for me is a big deal especially if it means they fixed the pickup problems. My 13 will start to spit and sputter and then only need 6 gallons to get full. So an extra gallon is really like 6 extra for people like me that are having pickup issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I agree, nothing that would get me to trade in the 13.

I should clarify, the extra capacity is really not that big of deal, it's the design change the has my interest. Looks shorter, not as long of a flat bottom, which might help with the fuel pickup. I have not rushed to buy a trail tank because of this. Looks to have an even longer flat bottom which I think could make the pickup worse. Why I'm waiting to hear more reviews on the trail tank.

The shorter seat (length and height) would be nice too.

And would like to hear more on the skid mounting locations and -18lbs. Having a hard time seeing where the 18 has come off the 800 Ltds.

Last edited:

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
A quick sweep of the new parts catalog noted the following:

New spindles: -1lbs
New Seat: -5" length, -1.5" height, and -5lbs
New Tanks: 12 gallons and -2lbs

That is a start on the -18lbs, where is the other 10lbs?????

HCR fixed post: -1.1lbs

See a new seat and tank in the not to distance future; after a good look over at West in a couple weeks. :face-icon-small-hap

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
I for one would like the fixed post on the hcr. I found the telescoping post to be almost too high on the lowest setting, but im only 5'10 haha. But at least when you roll the sled the post will have a give point instead of busing off the stems.

A

arctic2009

Nov 19, 2009
Minnesota
A quick sweep of the new parts catalog noted the following:

New spindles: -1lbs
New Seat: -5" length, -1.5" height, and -5lbs
New Tanks: 12 gallons and -2lbs

That is a start on the -18lbs, where is the other 10lbs?????

HCR fixed post: -1.1lbs

See a new seat and tank in the not to distance future; after a good look over at West in a couple weeks. :face-icon-small-hap

Heres some more of where the weight savings is coming from.

<LI class=MsoNormal>Lightweight driveshaft, drive sprockets and aluminum bottom gear in chaincase (Sno Pro & Limited)
Aluminum spars (instead of steel);

same as 2013 HCR heat exchanger system (Sno Pro)

<LI class=MsoNormal>Skidframe weight reduction: Lightweight aluminum axles; lightweight shock bushings and new rail cap

<LI class=MsoNormal>Lightweight ski shock bushings and 8mm suspension hardware (instead of 10mm hardware)

<LI class=MsoNormal>New fixed clutch guard for added durability and reduced weight
and some more info.
<LI class=MsoNormal>19/50 gearing for improved performance

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Skid reposition

Looks like it might require the new drop bracket to change the position in the rear and not sure if there is enough room to drill a new hole on the front - on the 13s.

Have to see what the measurements are.

Snowest article was very helpful, thanks for posting that.

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
The list of upgrades to 800cc sleds:

Features on the 2014 M8000 models include:

Lightweight ski spindles deliver a nearly 1-lb. weight reduction
New seat shape featuring reduced height and length, with built-in storage compartment and reduced weight (Sno Pro & non-ES Limited)
Improved ergonomics on running boards for easy snow evacuation, with rear bumper machining for more boot clearance
Lightweight driveshaft, drive sprockets and aluminum bottom gear in chaincase (Sno Pro & Limited)
New lightweight brake disc (Sno Pro) and race-version master cylinder on
the RMC hydraulic brake for enhanced braking
ProClimb chassis weight reduction: Aluminum spars (instead of steel); HCR heat exchanger system (Sno Pro)
Skidframe weight reduction: Lightweight aluminum axles; lightweight shock bushings and new rail cap
Arctic Cat IFP rebuildable gas front arm shock in skidframe
New FOX FLOAT 3 ski shocks feature improved air valve access for easier pressure adjustments (Sno Pro & Limited)
Increased fuel capacity (to 11.5 gallons on Sno Pro and Limited; and 12 gallons on Limited ES)
Lightweight ski shock bushings and 8mm suspension hardware (instead of 10mm hardware)
Ice-scratchers come standard (Sno Pro & Limited)
New visible coolant reservoir for easy inspection and built-in spark plug holder
New fixed clutch guard for added durability and reduced weight
More durable cover for brake disc
New driven clutch sheave with larger cooling fins reduce drive belt temperature for improved performance and durability
Rear-mounted spare belt bag (Sno Pro)
19/50 gearing for improved performance

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

polarisfornow

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jun 2, 2008
Beautiful Colorado
So now that the skid has been moved back and down again is the geometry the same as the old m now? Wouldn't that be fitting. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
"Improved ergonomics on running boards for easy snow evacuation, with rear bumper machining for more boot clearance"

Can anyone get some pictures of the running boards? Are they narrower? Are the panels narrower? Are the boards more open?

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
I don't remember doing Taro cards or having my palm read, but, Cat did darn near everything I was hoping they would. This will be one really great sled imo. Kind of reminds me of the evolution the earlier M's made from 2005 to 2011, brings a smile to my face.

Premium Features