• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 Apex set up

J

jtill88

Jan 4, 2011
Planning a 2012 march ride out to Colorado and considering bringing out our trail sleds from WI. I dont know much about 4 strokes and this sled is my buddies. We plan on using regular groomed trails and renting mountain sleds for backcountry riding. What do I need to do to this sled for the change in elevation. My bud was told to "tune clutch and gearing". I understand if you have a mountain sled and want performance this and fuel issues need to be considered. Just plan on cruising groomed trails so what should be done? Thanks.

R
Nov 26, 2007
Central MN
Gonna be hard pressed to find information on a 05 Apex. :) Maybe an 06 Apex... Cruise down to the local Yamaha dealer and have them look it up in their techincal service manual for 2006. Probably a rivit change in the weights is all that you will need. You can gear down if you want but not needed for trail riding.

mtnxr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
It's gonna be an 06 or newer. You can go to www.totallyamaha.com and look in the technical pages. Compare the model you have with the mountain version and that will get you real close. Good luck.

P

Pro116

Apr 19, 2008
If your just trail riding,save the money on gearing down.Just change the clutching.

Premium Features