• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lightweight summit Xm

A
Oct 31, 2011
Coeur d Alene Idaho
another great thread to laugh upon! hahaha 15lbs lost i think is a huge difference. The key is, where and how you are loosing the weight. Yes getting your fat butt on a treadmill helps wonders!!! If you notice that most of pro riders are like little horse jockeys. The ability to throw a sled around for them is the weight of the sled and the skill and ability of the rider. Using momentum and leverage. But back to weight loss. if you loose weight in the right spots and evenly....this does make a big difference in tight and aggresive situations. It works both ways...why dont we all just go add 15-20 lbs to our sleds and tell me you dont notice it. strap a 5 gallon gas can on the tunnel or on the hood and try and tell me you dont feel anything different.Trying to make our ski doos as light as poos but have the more stock power is huge. haha anyways......supposed to snow in my area this weekend!!!!!

3C Guiding

Dec 9, 2010
Laramie Wy.
I have been using C3 drive for 2 years I would say beside shocks best mod u could make to any sled. Over 3000 miles on it and belt looks like new. The rotating weight loss is crazy makes it more snappy.

yammyman_1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 10, 2010
Sturgeon County, Alberta
I have been using C3 drive for 2 years I would say beside shocks best mod u could make to any sled. Over 3000 miles on it and belt looks like new. The rotating weight loss is crazy makes it more snappy.

Glad to hear this! Got fox shox (front and back) c3 belt drive and Carbon Sled Parts CF can and mountain cut skid plate for mine... And I'm even running on the treadmill!

Just got 1 1/2 of fresh in Edmonton.... Looks like ill be breaking her in soon!

Last edited:
M
Dec 3, 2008
Grande Prairie AB
You might laugh and poke fun at this free lightwieghting, but I was suprised to have about 10lbs in a garbage bag after pulling the foam off the panels and hood, also the tin and insulation on pipe and y-pipe. that was dry foam too.

I know there will be some comments about the purpose of the pipe insulation, it never caused any issue for me though.

-lenny-

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2011
Whitecourt, Alberta
Glad to hear this! Got fox shox (front and back) c3 belt drive and CF fuel can and mountain cut skid plate for mine... And I'm even running on the treadmill!

Just got 1 1/2 of fresh in Edmonton.... Looks like ill be breaking her in soon!

Where did you get the CF Jerry? Any info?

Premium Features