• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

xm etech lightweight cans

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I had one on my 2011 summit 800 Etec, ran fine. Never threw any engine codes or anything, plus it is the lightest one on the market. Might as well lose as much weight as you can since there is not much motor wise you can do to these things short of a Turbo or single pipe set up.

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009
I had an HPS can on my '11 E-Tec. Does anyone know if it will fit on the XM?

Hurricane Tim

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2009
Sorry about the angry face symbol. I was typing on my new Droid RAZR and I must have hit the wrong key. Don't know how to get rid of the little buzzard.

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
any one run the slp pipe kit for the 11,12 etech
wonder how much better than stock it is, looks pretty good on the weight...
ive heard the y pipe is where the big gain on the etech is at?
any truth to this?

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I ran the full SLP set up on 2 sleds this year. I really liked it. Sound at idle to past half throttle was real quiet, almost like stock which is what I like. From 3/4 to full throttle was where it seemed to really wake up. More 2 stokey dirt bike sound. It sure felt like it made more power and we had a stone stock 12 ETEC to run it against for most of the year. With the weight drop, better sound and what seemed like more power I thought it was $700 well spent. We did have to run 1 gram less weight than what Winterbrew had established as the weight to run with his clutch set up. Both our 2 sleds and one other that he did clutch kits on. I don't know clutching very well and that would appear to be less power but it sure didn't feel or perform like it. Maybe Winterbrew will chime in about this.

XPWY

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
WY
HPS cans from 11/12 should work in the 13. I kept my HPS from last year to put on the XM too. When my dealer had the XM for their demo rides they had an SLP can on it that was for a '12 etec (slightly larger can than an HPS) and it fit good.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I ran into Scott a while back June-ish and he was saying he was working on some things to make the performance better for 2013, and also wants to make sure that Ski doo did not make any changes for next year as well.

J
Feb 15, 2003
Greenfield, MN(55357)
I ran into Scott a while back June-ish and he was saying he was working on some things to make the performance better for 2013, and also wants to make sure that Ski doo did not make any changes for next year as well.

So.... I wonder if this means that the 2011-2012 can will physically work/fit but waiting for one or making sure a person gets "new" stock would be beneficial to the 2013 XM owners...?

Thanks,
-John

Premium Features