• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is it possible to install narrow front end using Float2 with Evol chamber?

Air_time24

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2009
Nelson BC
www.facebook.com
I have searched high and low and have found two references to people running there older 12-15 Float2 Evol inverted (upside down) in order to clear the evol chamber but no pictures or verification. .
Just wondering if anyone can back this up? Would be great to know if I can somehow use these shortened Evols that I ran on the Alternative Impact front end or if i'll have to purchase shocks as well.

Last edited:

idacatman2

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, ID
I ran evols on mine and was able to run them with the evol chamber up and everything cleared. This was on a 36” front end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Air_time24

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2009
Nelson BC
www.facebook.com
I ran evols on mine and was able to run them with the evol chamber up and everything cleared. This was on a 36” front end. k

Was this a 2016 and newer evol?
Mine are from 2013 float 2 evol and according to the kit won't work with the 16+ narrow front end.

"2013-2015 style Float Evol shocks cannot be used with this kit, the Evol chamber will hit the upper a-arm"

Just hoping someone has had success running them upside-down with the 16+ narrow front end.

idacatman2

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, ID
Well the shocks were float 2 from my 2013 m series. The evol chambers I bought to upgrade them came from speedwerx. The setup worked and didn’t rub. I guess I can’t answer as to weather a stock float evol will rub.

idacatman2

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, ID
That’s possible that they were clocked differently. The evol chamber was pointed towards the inside of the sled

Premium Features