• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber turbo clutching for wa

So after fighting the 850 silber kit since day one breaking spring perches off, blowing the air box off a lot, sending the ecu back to silber only to get zero information back out of them. Now calling to get clutching help and all you get is stack more weight on the pivot bolt. Marked the clutches today and started making pulls and doing some tree riding. Only using the first half of the secondary and leaving a 1 inch mark on the outer edge of the primary. Primary has SHR ramps loaded with tungsten and 170/300 spring secondary is set up with what silber supplies. Anybody in Washington actually get one to work? Have two doing the exact same thing. Riding between 2500 and 7000 feet.

I

islanddoo

Apr 10, 2008
Vancouver Island
While I’m not in WA I am on the west coast riding the same snowpack. Sled and clutching have been flawless once clutched. Running pretty much the same set up as you, 170/300 primary spring with BJ’s ramps with 6g in them and 4g on the pivot bolt. Silber supplied secondary clutching grin spring and 43/47 Helix. Very consistent from Western BC to Revelstoke no belt issues just 8000 rpm all day. Running 5 psi spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Sorry to hear of your troubles!

Building one clutch kit for all uses, elevations, boost levels etc can be a challenge. There are also massive differences, it seems, sled to sled as far as clutching. This is also reflected on the NA side of things.

A few things can really help what you are describing.

First, give a flat 44 a try. Keep the spring Silber sends in there.

Second, go to the ZRP weights. Go with the heavy ones (95) and load them pretty well.

Start there. Anyone having issues, this will likely clear most of them up.

Sorry to hear of your troubles!

Building one clutch kit for all uses, elevations, boost levels etc can be a challenge. There are also massive differences, it seems, sled to sled as far as clutching. This is also reflected on the NA side of things.

A few things can really help what you are describing.

First, give a flat 44 a try. Keep the spring Silber sends in there.

Second, go to the ZRP weights. Go with the heavy ones (95) and load them pretty well.

Start there. Anyone having issues, this will likely clear most of them up.

I understand that clutching changes based on every sled and elevation and knew it wouldn’t come perfect but a little bit of customer service would be nice. Stacking pivot weight on a longer bolt is a ****ing joke and no where near a fix for clutching. I’d rather throw this kit away then waste more money trying to fix something Silber has no desire to help me correct.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Any idea what the Silber helix is? A 43/47 as Islanddoo is using is a good starting point for a turbo...you should be able to work around that using the SHR ramps and your existing springs.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
I understand that clutching changes based on every sled and elevation and knew it wouldn’t come perfect but a little bit of customer service would be nice. Stacking pivot weight on a longer bolt is a ****ing joke and no where near a fix for clutching. I’d rather throw this kit away then waste more money trying to fix something Silber has no desire to help me correct.

First things first, my name and email is listed right on the website. I am positive I've never seen an email from you. I jumped on this right as I saw it hit the boards! Sorry to hear clutching has been a challenge in your case but I can't help if I don't know about it!

Second, have you tried gearing the sled differently? Have you swapped to the low elevation ramps? What belt (specifically) are you riding?

As I mentioned, ZRP weights (95 gram) will cure your issue! I'd also consider gearing up two teeth!

The rest of your setup is fine.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Any idea what the Silber helix is? A 43/47 as Islanddoo is using is a good starting point for a turbo...you should be able to work around that using the SHR ramps and your existing springs.

Its a 43/47

SHR ramps are good, but they aren't as good at low elevation as they are higher elevation.

First things first, my name and email is listed right on the website. I am positive I've never seen an email from you. I jumped on this right as I saw it hit the boards! Sorry to hear clutching has been a challenge in your case but I can't help if I don't know about it!

Second, have you tried gearing the sled differently? Have you swapped to the low elevation ramps? What belt (specifically) are you riding?

As I mentioned, ZRP weights (95 gram) will cure your issue! I'd also consider gearing up two teeth!

The rest of your setup is fine.

You are correct I have never emailed anyone off the website I prefer to call and speak directly with people to make sure all the information is exchanged and understood. I don’t know who you are on the website but the last person that actually answered a call and spoke with me was James and he told me to put the primary back to stock and go buy longer bolts at the hardware store and stack more weight on the bolt. After that exchange I decided I was done dealing with Silber and asked for information online from other sledders.

Gearing 21/51 changed from updated 21/53
Tried 531-391-and gates belts.
SHR ramps loaded up with tungsten 967 I believe

I have not geared up as that has always compounded belt issues on previous turbo’d sleds.

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
You are correct I have never emailed anyone off the website I prefer to call and speak directly with people to make sure all the information is exchanged and understood. I don’t know who you are on the website but the last person that actually answered a call and spoke with me was James and he told me to put the primary back to stock and go buy longer bolts at the hardware store and stack more weight on the bolt. After that exchange I decided I was done dealing with Silber and asked for information online from other sledders.

Gearing 21/51 changed from updated 21/53
Tried 531-391-and gates belts.
SHR ramps loaded up with tungsten 967 I believe

I have not geared up as that has always compounded belt issues on previous turbo’d sleds.

My name is Jeff Brines - I'm right there. Phone number included. I consult for a few companies so phone can be tricky (though I do get back to everyone).

Again, I'm giving you a really good option! I promise it'll work, even with the stock helix (though you'll have to throw more weight than the 43/47)

Go for the ZRP ramps, I bet you dig it!

Premium Features