• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

xm etech lightweight cans

D

dropitbuster

Nov 28, 2007
Terrace B.C.
Literally looks like it was made in someones 'shed'... in the dark.

Cooker or not if I'm going to spend that much money I want something that doesn't look like it was made in grade 7 shop class. I'm not putting that ugly 'thing' in what I think is one of the nicest looking production sleds out there. JMO

Last edited:
S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
Literally looks like it was made in someones 'shed'... in the dark.

Cooker or not if I'm going to spend that much money I want something that doesn't look like it was made in grade 7 shop class. I'm not putting that ugly 'thing' in what I think is one of the nicest looking production sleds out there. JMO

it literally was made in a shed ! that's why it's called "the sled shed"

it sure is ugly, but if that's what I have to doo to get hot food in the mountains then that's what I'll doo

V
Oct 9, 2010
Quote: Originally Posted by sledhead_24_7 Here is a picture of mine.Attachment 1866

How much did you pay for that can? And where did you get it?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007

I have a Carbon sled can and an Aaen, The carbon inside tube Dia is larger than the Aaen, I have heard some reviews about losing RPM,s on the Carbon and it may be too loose and require a restrictor ring for proper backpressure,Will test two two side by side

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy

The can is from Carbon Sled Parts, weighs 2.6 lbs, has to be one of if not the lightest one on the market.

Paid right around 400 if I remember right. I figured HPS is 350ish and does not fit with the belt drive very well. And Brian at Carbon Sled Parts was very cool, he told me if it did not fit or what ever to send it back, no big deal. Which as it turns out it fits around the belt drive very well.

Premium Features