• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shocks

Jan 22, 2011
utah
Ok looking for ideas on shocks. I currently run 12’ Pro Climb air shocks on front evol 2 looking to do a set of coil over on front. Good or bad idea?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
What's the reason you're wanting to go to coil over shocks? Type of riding? Budget?

Do you have OEM Cat/Fox evol or Fox aftermarket Evols? OEM is not the same as aftermarket internally. A stock set of oem coil over shocks won't ride much different than a correctly set up float shock that has been serviced. Most people don't service their air sleeves enough and they start getting a lot of sticktion. I'm a bigger guy and prefer the feel of an air spring over a single rate coil. Smaller folks seem to get along better with a spring when compared to earlier generation floats. There's just too much progression in the air spring with the smaller volumes they had.

Last edited:
D
Sep 24, 2008
Rockies
I have equipped both of my PC's with a full set of Exit Shocks from ZBroz.... a set of X1's and X2's.... and this has been the single biggest impactful upgrade.... and I've done a bunch!

I can hammer down those washboard trails without being bucked off like I was before.... they are spendy though, but I'm worth it!

Jan 22, 2011
utah
Bigger man as well. They are the stock shock Float 2 I took them off sent to Racin Station had them rebuilt 1000X better. That was the ticket. Exit shocks are Awesome!! I live 10 minutes away from ZBROZ.. our snow conditions are so hit and miss here it’s hard for me to spend that amount of money for their shocks they work exceptionally well and are top-notch. This year the snow has been terrible just now barely getting out best snow first week of March we’ve had all year

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Sounds like you got pretty dialed but I bought the non-fox branded (but fox manufactured) coil ski shocks off the 2018/2017 SE models and got them revalved by Andy at Gas Shock repair. They're much more consistent than the evols I took off my LTD. I like'em. They're basically just zero pros.

Premium Features