• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled died

E
Dec 24, 2011
Yakima wa
Need some help here. I got a 16 proclimb, I started it on the trail and it died on me. Wouldn’t start acted like it had no spark. Ended up tapping on some electrical stuff I believe the tps and it started and ran all day. But I did notice twice rest of the day that when on the throttle it acted like it was gonna die and took off again. Any ideas?

Old & slow

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2017
Alberta
Need some help here. I got a 16 proclimb, I started it on the trail and it died on me. Wouldn’t start acted like it had no spark. Ended up tapping on some electrical stuff I believe the tps and it started and ran all day. But I did notice twice rest of the day that when on the throttle it acted like it was gonna die and took off again. Any ideas?

Sounds like the throttle safety switch, either its frozen, sticky, failed or the cable is too loose. Start with checking the cable tension 0.030-0.060 in between the switch and throttle lever. Then make sure its not sticky or frozen. Its a common issue with this system.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
Can you just cut off the TSS to disable it on the proclimbs? I unplugged mine on my m series no problems. But thought the pro climbs are different......

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Can you just cut off the TSS to disable it on the proclimbs? I unplugged mine on my m series no problems. But thought the pro climbs are different......

My 2016 unplugged and works fine, just like with my 2010.

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
To my knowledge I’ve never had a problem with it on any of my sleds yet. Just would Like to eliminate the potential problem. And I always run a tether....

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I asked because this happened to me last week. I haven’t narrowed it down yet. Just have a couple/few un-proven theories.
Do you know what your oil level was? Flat ground easy riding or hillsides?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E
Dec 24, 2011
Yakima wa
I asked because this happened to me last week. I haven’t narrowed it down yet. Just have a couple/few un-proven theories.
Do you know what your oil level was? Flat ground easy riding or hillsides?

My oil lvl was full. And I was on flat ground. If anyone has some suggestions I’d appreciate it. I’m not use to working on cats

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
One of the adjustments I Made was to the throttle. It was too tight, literally no play at all. I tightened it up prior to the ride since there was too much play. I haven’t rode since I readjusted so not sure if that will help.

I asked about oil because mine was pretty low. I also was not on flat ground except when it died. I was thinking the angle of the hillsides was causing the sensor to get fooled into being empty causing a shut down.

Last edited:

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Now I am in the same boat.

I went to start my 2015 and it started twice and slowly died both times and now it won't fire at all. I printed a couple of other threads on the topic and I am headed out to the shop to give the ideas a try.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
With mine, I’ve had it running for a while but not ridden since. No stalls or failed starts again. I think I had 1 of 3 things creating mine or all 3. I found my throttle too tight. I also had a lot of ice build up that day. So I loosened it a bit. The other was I had a spare belt zip tied in front of the silencer, it bounced forward and over the structure and was applying pressure to the wire bundle in that cover. I found a yellow wire and plug was exposed and had somewhat of a crimp on it between the belt.
Then 3rd, my oil was very low. I wondered if it was tricking the sensor into thinking I was empty and it was shutting down. Both times it quit were after fooling around on a hillside on the left hand side of the sled. When I went to flat ground I shut it off. Immediately upon start up both times, it started very briefly and then died for about 10 minutes. Then started and ran like nothing ever happened.

Last edited:

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I’ve read to turn the key off and the red switch. Pull 15 or so times, then turn it all on and try. Could clear it.
Also read to unplug the blue plug under the goggle warmer/holder in front of the bars, under the speedo. Pull and try to start. Remember to plug back in after it starts.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I went out and held the throttle wide open and pulled four or five times and it sputtered to life filling my shop with a ton of smoke. It had been flooded badly.

Premium Features