• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat I hope your viewing!

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
We need the option of vertical steering on our Pro-Climb T1100's and the 38inch ski stance. Hopefully on the production sleds for 2012. :nod:

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Glenn appreciated your review I'm so looking forward to my T1100 Pro-Climb I'm just hoping to get the vertical steering. After having it on my M1000 that and the 38 inch ski stance will make the ultimate package for me:nod:

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Yes. 38" ski stance and vert steering for all mountain sleds is a must. Wide stance and a arcing bar swing sounds like going backwards to me.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
I agree with Hilly 1000 percent. The more horizontal steering is a no go for the mountains. This MUST be corrected for the 1100T. This was the only hesitation I had in buying this sled. I bought anyway, but I sincerely hope that Cat steps up to the plate on this one.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
AC...considering no demo rides, this is not asking a lot. Save face on this one, step-up and listen to those fortunate enough to get seat time.

There is a little egg on your faces with no demos and blatched release. Give yourselves a little redemption and make this happen.

A few demos would not hurt either.....:face-icon-small-coo

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
my guess is only demoing to a few guys that the dealers let them know who actually can ride a sled not just think they can ride.then also have the cash to back it up.why open up the demos to every guy who has 3 hrs to spend pounding on a sled with no skill to be able to actually tell the diff between the new sled and a 1M.and if they can ride and tell the diff dont have to think about how to get the cash.prob dose not hurt to have extreme loyalty to your dealer.I really want a xf1100t high country.still wishing it came with a 146 though

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
It sounds like the limited reviews all say the vertical steering post is a must for the 1100t.
Rasmussen said in the online interview that vertical steering makes or breaks a mountain sled.
I can't see cat bringing this sled to market next year without :loco:

A
Jan 31, 2010
Vertical steering makes or breaks a mountain sled? I think there is a lot more to it than a preference in how the handle bars move. Just buy the snowmachine and like it. After 1 day of riding you probably forget why you spent time whining about the arc of the bars!

M
Feb 27, 2010
I agree with Hilly 1000 percent. The more horizontal steering is a no go for the mountains. This MUST be corrected for the 1100T. This was the only hesitation I had in buying this sled. I bought anyway, but I sincerely hope that Cat steps up to the plate on this one.
you don't need the vertical steering.there are some guys out there that have the horizontal [over the motor] on there m sleds and they are some of the best riders out there.watch KJs part in either forcast or sledncks13.so people it well feel different but its not bad.if u have any skill at all u well be killing it on either setup.

M
Feb 27, 2010
It sounds like the limited reviews all say the vertical steering post is a must for the 1100t.
Rasmussen said in the online interview that vertical steering makes or breaks a mountain sled.
I can't see cat bringing this sled to market next year without :loco:
i think cat see's that it works for skidoo. then we well just make it better.the new setups are both atached to the top of the same sub frame and are going to give u the same leverage point.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Let me simplify this for you. Demo rides sell sleds that's why. There are people buying PRO RMK's this year (and last) simply because they got to ride them and with A/C there is an unknown, just a biased opinion for the mostpart from A/C dealers and A/C empolyees. If there are people not buying RMK's then there are some on the fence and waiting a year - a demo ride would probably convince them. Sales 101.

my guess is only demoing to a few guys that the dealers let them know who actually can ride a sled not just think they can ride.then also have the cash to back it up.why open up the demos to every guy who has 3 hrs to spend pounding on a sled with no skill to be able to actually tell the diff between the new sled and a 1M.and if they can ride and tell the diff dont have to think about how to get the cash.prob dose not hurt to have extreme loyalty to your dealer.I really want a xf1100t high country.still wishing it came with a 146 though

S.Diddy

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Park City, UT
you don't need the vertical steering.there are some guys out there that have the horizontal [over the motor] on there m sleds and they are some of the best riders out there.watch KJs part in either forcast or sledncks13.so people it well feel different but its not bad.if u have any skill at all u well be killing it on either setup.

Ha, all you Whistler guys love the horizontal steering. "You steer with your shoulders". Personally I don't like it cause we don't have sick glacier riding where I live, we have to ride a ton of trees and it's just not the correct body positioning.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
Out of the thousands, and thousands of sleds that are sold every year, very few people have a demo ride, even if they are available. It may sell a few more sleds but in the end its not going to make or break a release. I have bought many new sled/ATVs and never had a demo ride neither has anyone I know.

The big factory demo rides are all about creating hype and to be honest, cat doesn't need to do this, they have had a very strong reliable mountain segment since 2003 when they came out with the 900's.

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Steering

Ha, all you Whistler guys love the horizontal steering. "You steer with your shoulders". Personally I don't like it cause we don't have sick glacier riding where I live, we have to ride a ton of trees and it's just not the correct body positioning.

Why not supply both? I haven't ridden in quite a while but would like to ride both before I buy. What I don't get is this whole over the engine steering has been out for a while now and no one outside of a few private parties have ever messed around with the idea. I wanted too buy a 1m 900 and do a forward over the engine post on it. If you watch sno cross or moto cross racers none of them stand straight up when they ride and most of us would have to agree that with a sled leaning forward would be a good thing.

Last edited:
H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
I simply posted that I want the option to have the vertical steering. For me coming off my M1000 I like it better than the horizontal for the handeling of the sled. And I'm hoping the option can be ready for production times in September when these animals are being built. :nod:

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
I simply posted that I want the option to have the vertical steering. For me coming off my M1000 I like it better than the horizontal for the handeling of the sled. And I'm hoping the option can be ready for production times in September when these animals are being built. :nod:

Quit whining you biotch!!

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Easy, Easy big fella! LOL Just sayin coming off previous M series, it helps make the handeling experiance all that much better. Heck thats what gave the M series an advantage among other things in the mountains. Its not a deal breaker, but certainly would pump me up more and then I would not have to be looking for an after market application for it.

Premium Features