• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

4-Stroke that MIGHT work for ME

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
After riding the 1100T yesterday, my reasons for not being comfortable buying the TURBO over the M800 are as follows:

Weight and not being used to the power delivery.

Here's the 4-stroke mountain sled that would have a better chance getting me off a 2-stroke:

Give me a smaller, quicker revving motor. I am thinking rather than an 1100T with 180hp, give me a TURBO 750 with 150hp, heck I'd be happy with 140 at elevation. The 1100 is capable of 220hp on pump gas, I have to believe that smaller motor would rev quicker and possibly save some weight. Maybe the technology isn't there yet, but I believe I will be on a 4-stroke within 5 years. Cat made a HUGE step forward with this new sled... It's just not quite for me....yet.

Joe

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
After riding the 1100T yesterday, my reasons for not being comfortable buying the TURBO over the M800 are as follows:

Weight and not being used to the power delivery.

Here's the 4-stroke mountain sled that would have a better chance getting me off a 2-stroke:

Give me a smaller, quicker revving motor. I am thinking rather than an 1100T with 180hp, give me a TURBO 750 with 150hp, heck I'd be happy with 140 at elevation. The 1100 is capable of 220hp on pump gas, I have to believe that smaller motor would rev quicker and possibly save some weight. Maybe the technology isn't there yet, but I believe I will be on a 4-stroke within 5 years. Cat made a HUGE step forward with this new sled... It's just not quite for me....yet.

Joe

From what has been posted, it sounds to me that the t1100 takes the m8 from launch all the way to top end (even at low alt) in a drag, so how is power delivery a problem. Are you sure that your not getting tricked because the t1100 is so quite. Sound plays a big part on how you will perceive a motors performance.

K

Kruchy

Sep 30, 2009
Goodsoil, SK
I believe some one else who test rode one was tricked by the T1100 until they lined it up beside a 800. Just curious. I am trying to sell myself on the turbo because that is what I spring ordered.

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
I was the one that was on the 800 during those drag races, Glen Hall was on the TURBO. 1 out of 4 races at low altitude he took me the whole way. I realize at high elevation it won't even be close, but I guess what I am trying to say is that I want a 4-stroke that feels more like a 2-stroke in the power delivery. I know the power is there, I spent a fair amount of time on the TURBO, but I just want that snappy feeling.

Joe

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
I was the one that was on the 800 during those drag races, Glen Hall was on the TURBO. 1 out of 4 races at low altitude he took me the whole way. I realize at high elevation it won't even be close, but I guess what I am trying to say is that I want a 4-stroke that feels more like a 2-stroke in the power delivery. I know the power is there, I spent a fair amount of time on the TURBO, but I just want that snappy feeling.

Joe

We were riding in Turtle area last year (Revelstoke), and Skadi asked to play around on my T-Nytro...being Skadi (Pro female rider for Polaris) she took the gnarliest line on the hill, then decided to play around and do some down hill powder turns...came back, laughed and said that sled is SLOW...

I looked at a friend of mine (Carbondaddy) who owns a Carbon fiber Rev with a Vector engine boosted @ 12 psi...she took his sled for a rip, came back said the same thing, then took mine again, for an even more aggressive pull...came back down and said I dont like them, they are slow...we both laughed, told her to try that same pull on her BB 860...she made it 200 yards up the hill, and stuck it...(about 1/4 mile hill)

came back and we were both laughing sooo hard, and asked her how slow stuck is versus our slow 4strokes...she could not believe the difference...

the power sounds and feels different, but it blows you away, as you relearn how to use the power...and even in Skadi's case, this was effectively point and shoot...

A Major difference is 2 stroke riders blip the throttle a LOT and it takes a while to learn that actually works against you in a 4 stroke...just maintain throttle where you want it, dont blip it...Lots of people mistake torque of a 2 stroke, and linear torque of 4 strokes for differences in "instant" power...

the torque is almost flatlined from 5000 RPM's with a 4 stroke...and a 2 stroke has a different torque curve that peaks prior to peak HP, and drops off in torque...In fact 4 strokes allow you to have a lower engagement thereby minimizing spin outs, and stucks from a semi technical starting place on a hill...

as others have said, completely different, and is something to be learned for sure...

T

tfrick821

Nov 27, 2007
eastern ia
Give me a smaller, quicker revving motor. I am thinking rather than an 1100T with 180hp, give me a TURBO 750 with 150hp, heck I'd be happy with 140 at elevation. The 1100 is capable of 220hp on pump gas, I have to believe that smaller motor would rev quicker and possibly save some weight.

Joe

I would be all over this like stink on ****. 140-150 smooth dependable hp.

Premium Features