• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PC skid in M

Wrenchmaster

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
B.C. Canada
the PC rail compared to the M rail (09-11) the mounting holes in the rail are 2.5" closer to the rail tips (front). If you tried to just bolt on PC rails onto a M you would have 2.5" more clearance from track drivers to rail tips and the extra 2.5" in the rear length makes the skid to long to even install it.
So in short to answer your question , it is the opposite the rail actually moves back. But the right way to look at this is with the arms on the skid being farther forward more of the engine weight is on the front arm ( shorter pivot point) more rider weight on the skid, the biggest part of rider location is the skid finally does not kick you in the back up and down the trail. The rear arm is under your but vs behind you.
I changed my board inserts to Monster boards and I had a lot of stuff apart already and I had been thinking of this mod for awhile so I got at it. I dont think this is that big of a job but I work on sleds a lot so this is probably not for everyone. BUT if you think that the M is just a few "mods" away from being a better mountain sled then it was when it was the best. 10-11 Then this along with the 36" arms will make anyone that rides it say wow this old thing works.

Who makes the 36" front end kit? or do you have to cut and shorten the arms yourself?

What track length did you do this mod on? I've got a 162 M8T ,09
I'm planning on a 2.6PC track, when I change that, I might just do this mod as well

Wrenchmaster

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
B.C. Canada
Just read this on an old thread here with regards to the '14 PC rails:

"The rear suspension mounting location is 3/4-inch back from the 2013 location with a new rear hanger."

Would the '14 PC rails be even better? all the comments I've read say the changes made for '14 were a really big improvement

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Hard to say if the 14 would be better. Let us know if you try it.
The 36” front end is from Alternate Impact, you need 1/2” taken off your shocks or buy some off a 38” ProClimb.
I have a 2.6 x162 and this old M works good and is light. Oh ya I also did a foot well mod ( Niners idea) and that was a good mod also.

Wrenchmaster

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2011
B.C. Canada
Yes, will let you know. Seems hard to find rails for sale separate from a whole skid. Got a line on a set from a '14, that's why I was thinking of trying them.
I've got a turbo though, wondering if this will make it wheelie too much? Might have to just try it and see how it works.

How does it ride with the 36" front end?

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
I can not PM as SW wants money and I don’t feel like giving it to them. So I can not Reply to you guys that PM’d me.
I’m pretty sure the 14 has mounting holes in the tunnel that are about an inch to the rear of the sled and the rails has a different curve on the front of the rail.
36” front end is awesome. There is a big thread about the install and reviews.

Premium Features