• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Chain case oil Leak?

N
Nov 18, 2012
My brothers 850 had oil drops on the garage floor today after riding last weekend. I pulled it apart to see, below the clutch is a good sized accumulation of what I believe is chain case oil. (grey to black in color, no red at all. Only Ski-doo oil in it) I, for the life of me, cannot figure out how it is only on the clutch side. of the belly pan. Checked to see, chain case oil definitely low. Thoughts on where it could be leaking from?

We don't roll sleds over when stuck. Didn't hit anything on the bottom.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Clean the oil up under the clutch with a little brake cleaner. All 850’s I’ve seen have this oil there. It won’t come back.

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Is it just the slobber coming out of Y pipe, from the rich oiling during break-in?

I experienced this when I first brought mine home. You can see in the attached where the drips were coming from. I pulled the pipe, cleaned everything up and haven't had a problem since.

IMG_4349.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Clean the oil up under the clutch with a little brake cleaner. All 850’s I’ve seen have this oil there. It won’t come back.
That was my experience with my 2018 FreeRide as well.
Saw it only ONCE early on in the season and never saw it again.

Premium Features