• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

has anyone pulled a brake off

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
Having trouble pulling the brake caliber off took my sled to the ski-doo dealer and they said I'd have to pull the chain case apart and push the hole shaft over to get the brake off but I didnt wont to do that if didn't have to

just asking because the ski-doo dealer had never done won before thanks

R

Rally2

Dec 2, 2007
Alberta
The manual seems to indicate you can remove the brake rotor & caliper without touching the chaincase side.

My concern is that once you get the caliper/bearing housing off the driveshaft has no support on that side and sags down quite a bit until resting on the retainer (still locked in the tunnel with the tabs).

With the shaft hanging down like that I think it would be hard on the seal, bearing, gear, circlip still all attached in the chaincase side.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Lay the sled on the side and loosen the track so it's not pulling on the driveshaft. Pull the disc cover and then the brake pad retainer bolt (and that little clip), and then the 4 #40 Torx bolts and the circlip on the disc....then the caliper assy. will come off. Easiest to use the puller from Doo, but will come off with a little heat (not too much, don't cook the caliper), and some gently prying usually gets it.

A
Oct 17, 2017
Tahoe
Obviously this is an old thread but I've run into the same question.

If I *only* need to replace the brake rotor and pads (not changing the track) do I need to get into the chaincase side of things? I will if I have to, just don't want to if it's not needed.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Obviously this is an old thread but I've run into the same question.

If I *only* need to replace the brake rotor and pads (not changing the track) do I need to get into the chaincase side of things? I will if I have to, just don't want to if it's not needed.

No, it can all happen from the brake side.

Premium Features