• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

VeSt vs backpack ?

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
3 rides with a vest

I've now done 3 rides with a vest. I got it because I think it distributes the weight better so it doesn't as much feel like I'm wearing a big heavy backpack. So far I think it's working, I think I probably made the right choice...for me.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Vest hands down. Disperses the weight better. Keeps weight off my cranky shoulders better. I use the pockets on my vest for phone and Bca radio. The backpacks Kind of iksnay easy access to your coat pockets.

Ridersride

Lifetime Membership
Jan 29, 2008
North Bend
www.ridersride.com
I've been wearing a vest for 5 yrs and I only where a float backpack if Im sled/boarding and I'm going to split board or hike. all other rides BCA Vest all day.The new BCA vest is much better fit than the lcder versions. It also has padding like a tekvest which is great.

GolfPineAcres

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2008
Tried an older version of the Vest. Thought it was heavy and awkward. Could have been an old one. Have the FLoat 8, can get all the important stuff in it and fits well, as well as quite light

Premium Features