• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020's Khaos Rmk & Pro Rmk 155" - Rider Review

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
Had the opportunity to ride the brand new 2020 Khaos Rmk & Pro Rmk this weekend in Swedens "biggest" terrain.
And im pleasantly surprised on how the sleds runs now! The 2020 mapping of the engine is spot on and its running very strong!

The Khaos Rmk was a fun, nimble and agile sled that more felt like a 146" but with the 155" flotation. You really notice that the pivot point of the sled is more sensitive to where you put your center of gravity(body mass). It reacts quicker on small body position changes. But its still not a bad climber!

Velocity shocks was a nice addition to the Khaos model. Feels like it can take some serious beating when its setup for the riders weight and style.
I do wonder how a Khaos RMK would feel on a 146" platform, and i dont mean a switchback chassi. Just a shortened 155" rmk tunnel.
But the 155" Khaos RMK really is a nice sled straight out of the package.

The Pro Rmk is what it is. An easy to drive RockyMountainKing that takes you to places that you shouldnt be. :face-icon-small-win Dont think it needs any explanation why... :eyebrows:

I uploaded a video on my youtube channel.
Might have something up on my instagram story also: https://www.instagram.com/mr_davidandersson/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k0l65RIzXfw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
fFa8lAy.jpg

pPxtwtR.jpg

4cObBQ0.jpg

Last edited:

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Had the opportunity to ride the brand new 2020 Khaos Rmk & Pro Rmk this weekend in Swedens "biggest" terrain.
And im pleasantly surprised on how the sleds runs now! The 2020 mapping of the engine is spot on and its running very strong!

The Khaos Rmk was a fun, nimble and agile sled that more felt like a 146" but with the 155" flotation. You really notice that the pivot point of the sled is more sensitive to where you put your center of gravity(body mass). It reacts quicker on small body position changes. But its still not a bad climber!

Velocity shocks was a nice addition to the Khaos model. Feels like it can take some serious beating when its setup for the riders weight and style.
I do wonder how a Khaos RMK would feel on a 146" platform, and i dont mean a switchback chassi. Just a shortened 155" rmk tunnel.
But the 155" Khaos RMK really is a nice sled straight out of the package.

The Pro Rmk is what it is. An easy to drive RockyMountainKing that takes you to places that you shouldnt be. :face-icon-small-win Dont think it needs any explanation why... :eyebrows:

I uploaded a video on my youtube channel, but cant get the Youtube tag to work in this forum. Anyhow, here is the raw link: https://youtu.be/k0l65RIzXfw
Might have something up on my instagram story also: https://www.instagram.com/mr_davidandersson/

fFa8lAy.jpg

pPxtwtR.jpg

4cObBQ0.jpg

Thanks for sharing.?
Big country and good tree riding.

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
The year is 2020. Following the great war of the big 4, Yamaha torched the earth as it had no way to compete in the sled market anymore. It backfired. Sending the world into the ice age. Without a tree in sight....there is only KHAOS.

That tunnel was cool but dang I really think id have to move.

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Here's his video.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k0l65RIzXfw" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
How do you feel the Khaos compares to the ProRMK? Any reasons not to get the Khaos vs ProRMK?

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
How it was explained to me....

You want a sled that can be more precise for the experienced rider - tree riding, etc. get a Pro.

You want a sled that is fun to wheelie around and initiate turns on in open terrain, get a Khaos.

But.... I have no seat time. This is just what I heard from people in Florida.

Last edited:

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.

You want a sled that can be more precise for the experienced rider - tree riding, etc. get a Pro.

You want a sled that is fun to wheelie around and initiate turns on in open terrain, get a Khaos.

Hahaha!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Thanks! How did you embed that?

On your youtube video, click on SHARE then click EMBED . Copy the code that's shown, then paste it on your initial thread posting or a reply. This works if on a computer, but I found that it's not that easy with a cell phone.

Last edited:

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com

Id say its the other way around when it comes to the "experienced rider". An novice will climb easier on an Pro RMK because it not as aggressive as the Khaos is when it comes to weight transfer.

Thats what i've heard from people in Mexico :face-icon-small-coo

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
How do you feel the Khaos compares to the ProRMK? Any reasons not to get the Khaos vs ProRMK?

Id say that really depends on your riding style, where you ride and what you want out from the sled.

If you mainly ride very steep & technical terrain then me personally would go for the Pro Rmk.

But if you are more of a guy that likes to hit windlips or jumps to do whips, backflips and just do hopovers all day long. Then id get the Khaos.
The shock package is spot on and the increased travel on the centershock is really shining during these circumstances.

You cant go wrong with any of the sled to be honest. Both are :thumb:

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
florida.land of the semanole wind

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-7WefhTdpwc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
May sincere hope is that the Production sleds that the consumer receives are as good as the 2020 validation sleds that are out there now.

It was nice to see them upgrade the bottom end PTO bearing on the 2020 along with some other refinements...

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
I think the Khaos concept is very interesting. The same rear suspension, only with a longer shock and limiter strap..

Should give you the Assault effect, but just up to a point. When the front track shock is extended, you should be equal to a pro rmk climbing with the skiis in the air.

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
May sincere hope is that the Production sleds that the consumer receives are as good as the 2020 validation sleds that are out there now.

It was nice to see them upgrade the bottom end PTO bearing on the 2020 along with some other refinements...

Hey mountainhorse!

They are currently developing a new software/mapping for us Scandinavians because we've had alot of trouble with sleds running like ****.
So they flew over technicians from Polaris to help us set up a software for us.
And that software was on the MY2020 sleds we rode in this video. Other then that, it was bone stock except clutching that we use over here.

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
So.... Do you think the 2020 Khaos will be like the 2012 Assault with the factory star wrap - you see them everywhere next year and people go back to the Pro in 2021?

2000000010.jpg

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
I don't see the Khaos as an upgraded Assault. They share the same rail tip profile but that's it?

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Don’t they also share the diffetent limiter strap and higher torque arm attach point?

We used to buy Assaults for the chain case and then make them act more like a Pro by modifying the limiter and torque arm mount.

Again, no seat time and havent seen one in person, which is why I’m curious.

Premium Features