• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 Snow Checks

M
Jan 14, 2004
Here's a radical idea, what are the odds that all the kit builders could get their $hit together enough to announce their new models in line with when the sled manufacturers do it. The 2020 Cats and Doos are out now with real life sleds you can see and touch and soon ride. Pre purchase snow bike demo rides would go a long way to selling kits, but the snow bike industry still seems intent on just having we the consumer mail them some money based on some bad pics on the internet between April and May. BS.

So c'mon guys time to get with the program, buying a snow bike kit is no longer a cheap secondary add on to a dirt bike you already have kicking around in the shop, its a $20k investment to do it right, its time they treated it as such.

You want my cash, show me the goods. Like as in now.

M5

I know that you'll be able to see/touch/ride the riot and the new yeti at the cowtag event in 2 weeks.

Usually timbersled will give dealers the option to get their demo units for next year as soon as they're released. It's then up to the dealer to get people out on them. Back when I sold kits we would always host a big demo ride during the snowcheck time frame.

M
Sep 19, 2016
Yeti Snowchecks

The new 2020's are out there now and some dealers should have them on display. March snow is so awesume for testing. Wide track with good flotaion and 5.5 rail spacing is the near perfect.!!

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Too bad Camso sucks so bad! Yeti kits are no longer upgradeable due to camso being greedy bastards and needing to sell 2020s.

M
Jan 14, 2004
All of the old kits are upgradeable but once you buy all the parts it isn't cost effective, its no different than sleds. Ride the $hit out of them, take your financial beating then blow it out. Case in point, the 2012-2015 TS, dead RIP, TS Raw dead and gone, 2016-17 TS dead, 2016-2017 Yeti old shocks crappy tracks wide rails dead (although guys still foolishly believe they are worth a fortune), 2017 Camso DTS gone.

No 2020's, no new ideas, no product advancement. As long as they make progress I'm OK with pushing the new models but the last few years have been kind of lame development wise IMO, the Aro needed more testing, 2020 looks to be better. The 2020 Yeti looks like evolution, they should have done the rail spacing for 2019, the Riot is more revolution, looks like a clean sheet of paper new design. I'm not expecting too much for the DTS but who knows.

M5

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Yeti/Camso will not sell you the components to upgrade previous gen stuff anymore! Decision made yesterday. And I totally disagree on if it would be worth the money. My 18 kit would be worth putting a track, some different arms, and shafts in to get the 5.5" spacing. I bought a new CMX yesterday. Screw the corporate BS. I want handmade quality stuff made right here in the good ol USA! TS is making all parts in Taiwan now as well.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
TS is making all parts in Taiwan now as well.

Weird... I guess all the components I've spent hundreds of hours working on producing that go into the ARO kits the last 2 years (and more on the schedule) all was occurring in Taiwan....

I do know they source some of their welded components. But a large portion of the parts are MFG'd in the US.

As for the 2020 stuff. It would be cool to see brands besides TS step up the game with a full coherent release of the new model lineups.

M
Jan 14, 2004
Yeti/Camso will not sell you the components to upgrade previous gen stuff anymore! Decision made yesterday. And I totally disagree on if it would be worth the money. My 18 kit would be worth putting a track, some different arms, and shafts in to get the 5.5" spacing. I bought a new CMX yesterday. Screw the corporate BS. I want handmade quality stuff made right here in the good ol USA! TS is making all parts in Taiwan now as well.

Really that sucks. Hmmm

M5

A
Jan 4, 2015
Canada

Which components you say they won't sell ? You mean you only buy a specific part for your specific model year kit or what ?

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Fit kit

Any dealers out there know what or if any fit kit is coming with the snow checks for timbersled? Last year, getting the TSS for free was a big deal.

S

simbatheking

Feb 5, 2010
invermere bc
I’m running 5.5 spacing since last year on my 16’ yeti. With a 3” track. It took a bit of work and machining tho. It’s 11” wide

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
I’m running 5.5 spacing since last year on my 16’ yeti. With a 3” track. It took a bit of work and machining tho. It’s 11” wide

Hey, I know that guys are doing it, and I know its a great opportunity for the aftermarket, But it still pisses me off that Camso has gone back on the whole idea of what Yeti was doing for us with the upgrades and basically customer appreciation in general! I have a CMX 137 track on my 18Yeti 137 and I know I could punch and clip the track and fab new arms/shafts to make it work. I just shouldnt have to! FU CAMSO

B
Jan 29, 2011
Any dealers out there know what or if any fit kit is coming with the snow checks for timbersled? Last year, getting the TSS for free was a big deal.

Talking to my dealer, sounds like just the $400 parts voucher.

A lot of people will use that toward a solid fit kit so its technically "free"

Any other promotion will be dealer based, mine has offered an additional $400 gift card.

M
Jan 14, 2004
So we've seen TS and Yeti's offerings for 2020, its just crickets for everyone else including the Camso DTS, not a word that I've seen. Anybody hear anything?

M5

M
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
I'm so happy with my Camso 2018 DTS I bought two. Unless you are jumping (too old for that sht) and you are just riding the tree areas, I can't imagine wanting more or updating every year to the latest and greatest. Perhaps it's because we only go out in powder around here? Now I've got a waiting list of fellow dirt riders that want to borrow one of the snowbikes...just need more snow.

M
Jan 14, 2004
I switched from a 2018 Camso to the 2019 and it was a good move. My buddy also did the same thing and kept his 18 on a second bike but he doesn't like riding it compared to the 19. The 19 is a better kit in every way but its sprung too soft IMO. The changes they made all work well but in the end the Camso still needs better/more suspension. I'm bottoming my 19 more than my 18 even with the spring cranked up but the trade off is it handles way better than the 18. The ski changes are worth the price of admission alone.

IMO the kit needs more travel as most of the travel they have is lost to initial sag and it needs a diet. I know there is a stiffer spring in the works maybe that will fix things up.

M5

M
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
The ski changes are worth the price of admission alone.
M5

I've heard of the ski changes and some other tweaks they've done. Could one do something to the '18 to replicate the positive handling effects of the '19 ski?

Sometimes it's better not to know what your missing out on...ignorance is bliss!:face-icon-small-hap

M
Jan 14, 2004
I think the short answer is no its not worth trying to do that. The ski has more torsional rigidity due to the added diagonal bracing and I believe it has also been recurved. Looking at the two skis 18 and 19 they look the same but they aren't. I put them side by side before I sold my 18 kit.

M5

Premium Features