• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twin pipes

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Twins pipes have worked very well at 10,000 for me in the past. Had them on carb and Efi motors. Made way more power than anything else. If you know what your doing you’ll have no problems. They are not for everyone.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I was around the twin pipes on the 850 polaris at the lost trail rmsha race. The twin pipes to me sounded quieter than any ggb are bikeman mountain can.

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
Man you seem to know allot. It's not SLP's first pipe set I'm sure it works. Had a set of twins on a efi 800 it ran very well pump gas 5000ft and above.

you are right, this is not slps first set of pipes, the first set of theirs that I bought was in 1998 or 99 and I had to weld the cracks in them all the time, I remember how it sucked to get out the wire feed and weld up some more cracks to go ride, was it last year or the year before they had the recall on the 800 axys pipe because all them cracked ?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Last set of twins I had were psi. I think that stands for pure sh!t incorporated . Fitment sucked and they broke right away. A lot of extra heat under the hood on epic days. Had blue Polaris oil running everywhere after I melted my oil lines.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I remember back in the first winter the M1000 came out (05 maybe?)...me and a buddy were out riding and rolled up to this lake in the middle of nowhere where these 2 dudes were exchanging highmarks on a big hill. One dude on a fresh M1000 and the other on whatever the newest Rev was at the time. They were all geared up in the newest everything and straight as an arrow. We bs’d for a few minutes and they bragged up the new sleds.

We were just young turds, fresh out of the bar at 3am that morning and holding things loosely together on A&W breakfast and however many Buds you could fit in a windshield bag. My buddy was a good rider and had a 98 700 RMK with PSI center dumps, a 141 challenger and some other stuff. It was one of those sleds that always went like snot. He one-eyed the line and held it wide open from the far end of the lake, smashed through all the crap at the bottom of the hill, and absolutely pistol whipped every mark the dudes had. I’ve still never laughed that hard sledding.

So anyways I have good memories of twins and hope these run good lol

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
Last set of twins I had were psi. I think that stands for pure sh!t incorporated . Fitment sucked and they broke right away. A lot of extra heat under the hood on epic days. Had blue Polaris oil running everywhere after I melted my oil lines.

yes I had 2 sets of them, my 01 800 cat and my 03 900 cat and had to weld the cracks on them also, and yes the twins create extra heat under the hood on epic days.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Slp needs better welders still, seen a 850 doo on the weekend with slp single pipe cracked about a foot long right along the weld.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
SLP just keeps pushing the limits on how light they can make pipes and they seem insanely voulnerable to cracking all over given time and vibration.

Curious how these pipes will do in a production enviroment.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Also waiting to see how they work out, if they do make the claimed 17 hp and don't lose on the bottom end, should be in the 180-184hp range.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
The twins will now come with a single can that's trail friendly. I think they are quieter then the SLP comp can.

b519cbc28990e9df5e38f1a2d6d68dd3.jpg

Overthehood

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 26, 2016
On my 16 Axys I've had 2 pipes crack, two blue pink springs break and we just welded the can which had a three inch crack across the top, not near a weld. Poor quality! They need to do better.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
On my 16 Axys I've had 2 pipes crack, two blue pink springs break and we just welded the can which had a three inch crack across the top, not near a weld. Poor quality! They need to do better.

Pretty much nonstop cracking with all the slp exhaust parts i’ve seen. (At least on 8-10 axys sleds)

I like the heavy silber can on my sled.

It makes funny whooshing noises when i let off though. (Not sure what that is??)

Premium Features