• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Patriot Owners- Poll Failure or Not

Has Your 850 Failed. Vote multiple times if you have multiple 850s

• No

Votes: 341 81.2%
  • Yes, Top End

Votes: 18 4.3%
  • Yes, Bottom End

Votes: 61 14.5%

• Total voters
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
There's also the brand loyalist that won't post here or add to the poll because he dosent want to make his favorite brand look bad!!
And how do you stop all the extra poll votes that could easily miss lead the poll?
Again that stuff goes both ways....people who voted inaccurately in either direction because they love/hate the brand. Or people who own a good (or bad) 850 who viewed, but did not comment/vote. I think you're relatively safe....people are generally happy if their new sh!t runs good, and generally cheezed off if it blows up. I don't see it being a major influence.....some of the old polls showed who voted for what...maybe that mods can turn on that function?

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Again that stuff goes both ways....people who voted inaccurately in either direction because they love/hate the brand. Or people who own a good (or bad) 850 who viewed, but did not comment/vote. I think you're relatively safe....people are generally happy if their new sh!t runs good, and generally cheezed off if it blows up. I don't see it being a major influence.....some of the old polls showed who voted for what...maybe that mods can turn on that function?

The poll also says to vote multiple times if you have multiple 850's.
So what's stopping anyone from claiming they have more than one 850?

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
The poll also says to vote multiple times if you have multiple 850's.
So what's stopping anyone from claiming they have more than one 850?

It only let me vote once and we have two 850's running strong. Brand loyal or not, anyone who has one go down would post it as it's in our best interest to publicize the problem so we don't let Polaris act like there isn't one.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Votes

It doesn't let you vote more than once

So how do the guys that have more than one 850 vote then?
I know guys that have more than one 850. How do they vote if one went down and one didn't? How do they vote if they have 2 and they both went down? How do they vote if they have 3 or 4 850's and none went down. And we haven't even talked about the rental fleets or the ones that are owned by guides or tour company's.
I just don't see how this poll can ever be accurate!

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
Just a thought. As I understand it, you can only vote once. So if you have an 850 and voted last week that you hadn't had an engine failure, but this week it failed, you can't change your vote. So if anything, isn't the poll understating the failure rate? Isn't it reasonable to assume that at least some of the no failure votes will have failures by the end of the season?

I'm sure I'll get some thumbs down from some of the apologists for pointing this out, but flame away.

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Just a thought. As I understand it, you can only vote once. So if you have an 850 and voted last week that you hadn't had an engine failure, but this week it failed, you can't change your vote. So if anything, isn't the poll understating the failure rate? Isn't it reasonable to assume that at least some of the no failure votes will have failures by the end of the season?

I'm sure I'll get some thumbs down from some of the apologists for pointing this out, but flame away.

Great point, certainly there will be more failures and we can't re vote. Will be interesting to see what Polaris does to solve the issue for next year.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Changing votes

Yup. That's another reason why this poll will never be accurate!
And there's a guy on this forum that's had 2 failures that's stated that he voted once!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Yup. That's another reason why this poll will never be accurate!
And there's a guy on this forum that's had 2 failures that's stated that he voted once!
And there's a couple guys in this thread who have 2 sleds with no failures who can only vote once; it organically goes both ways. I honestly don't get what part of this math you don't understand....but you are very committed that the percentage MUST be higher....have you experienced multiple engine failures with your 850?

***NO ONE thinks this is perfect....but it's the BEST indication you will EVER get***

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Failure rate.

And there's a couple guys in this thread who have 2 sleds with no failures who can only vote once; it organically goes both ways. I honestly don't get what part of this math you don't understand....but you are very committed that the percentage MUST be higher....have you experienced multiple engine failures with your 850?

***NO ONE thinks this is perfect....but it's the BEST indication you will EVER get***

The failure rate in my area is just above what this poll shows. So it's very close at the moment!
Doesn't matter to me what the failure rate is.
It sure seems to matter to you though.
Probably because you'd like it to be lower than it is. You do realize it's January and that there's going to be more go down before spring. How's that going to change the poll your way. Are you going to keep adding new sleds trying to make the % of failures lower.
Come on man be realistic.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
The failure rate in my area is just above what this poll shows. So it's very close at the moment!
Doesn't matter to me what the failure rate is.
It sure seems to matter to you though.
Probably because you'd like it to be lower than it is. You do realize it's January and that there's going to be more go down before spring. How's that going to change the poll your way. Are you going to keep adding new sleds trying to make the % of failures lower.
Come on man be realistic.
I'm not going to bicker and clog this thread any more. I don't care what the rate is....but I do like the info....because (again), there's nowhere else to get it. Being an 850 rider, and being involved in the business I would "like" if it were organically lower....but it is what it is. AGAIN, I can't influence the poll with multiple votes, and nor can anyone else.

I have been very upfront with what I have seen and experienced first hand with 850's since last spring: good experiences, reviews, things that could use improvement (such as map), and also failures (with hours and details of the failure) + failure rates. If that is of no value, and people prefer anecdotal conjecture....they can fill their boots, lord knows there's plenty to go around.

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Poll

I'm not going to bicker and clog this thread any more. I don't care what the rate is....but I do like the info....because (again), there's nowhere else to get it. Being an 850 rider, and being involved in the business I would "like" if it were organically lower....but it is what it is. AGAIN, I can't influence the poll with multiple votes, and nor can anyone else.

I have been very upfront with what I have seen and experienced first hand with 850's since last spring: good experiences, reviews, things that could use improvement (such as map), and also failures (with hours and details of the failure) + failure rates. If that is of no value, and people prefer anecdotal conjecture....they can fill their boots, lord knows there's plenty to go around.

I realize you didn't start this poll but be honest now.
What's the real reason for this poll?

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Well I’m about ready for a new sled next year, and I have bounced back and forth between Ski Doo/Polaris. I was hoping that Polaris would have hit a homerun with the 850 so I am interested in the poll to see what percent or at least how many failed. Also to see what failed, the top or bottom. I would like to believe that all of its shortcomings will be addressed before next year, but if one has to do another snowcheck only to get into the 850 run I probably will pass.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Be nice to see who voted... probably plenty of trolls who dont ride poo claiming failures.

Should redo this poll come April 1st.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
only 430 more responses to go before this might contain a shred of statistically significant data... :face-icon-small-dis
thats IF the responses are from those with real experience, not hearsay.
...lol... there is no way anyone is getting any real stats about this, and those with the real data can't/won't/shouldn't share unless they feel like breaching their confidentiality agreement.

But hey, let the fear mongering and panic continue. Makes for good internet reading. This and the mega-doom & gloom thread should keep me busy until the new Game of Thrones season kicks off. I found that post about 9 of 12 sleds going down in 1 group from the same dealer kinda funny, not suspect at all... :face-icon-small-con "nothing to see here" haha

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
only 430 more responses to go before this might contain a shred of statistically significant data... :face-icon-small-dis
thats IF the responses are from those with real experience, not hearsay.
...lol... there is no way anyone is getting any real stats about this, and those with the real data can't/won't/shouldn't share unless they feel like breaching their confidentiality agreement.

But hey, let the fear mongering and panic continue. Makes for good internet reading. This and the mega-doom & gloom thread should keep me busy until the new Game of Thrones season kicks off. I found that post about 9 of 12 sleds going down in 1 group from the same dealer kinda funny, not suspect at all... :face-icon-small-con "nothing to see here" haha

What part of this was offensive enough to someone they gave u bad rep?

Premium Features