• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new cmx ski

E
Dec 19, 2007
Does anyone have any better pictures of the new cmx ski?
they are in stock and ready to ship for $550 I was told but there are still no good pictures anywhere....

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
Cmx ski

For those who have some time on the new cmx ski what's the outcome? Is it better/less aggressive than the pre 19 yeti. Powder and trail performance?

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
I dont have a good shot of just the ski, but here it is on my 2019 beta / yeti fr
46925486884_f1a0673076_h_d.jpg

We had a 2020 yeti, 2019 yeti, 2019 timbersled ARO, and my bike with CMX ski. The CMX ski carves better than any ski there, especially in powder. The ARO ski is a bit more forgiving in junk snow still, but I like the CMX ski a lot. The 20 yeti ski is not bad, still darts and grabs a bit in crust, feels similar in pow, although the CMX holds a carve a hair more. We jumped back and forth from all the bikes over different snow conditions to get a good feel. I', very happy with the CMX ski. it tends to follow in a straight line on the trail vs the TS ARO which kind of floats vs the yeti ski which tends to dart. ARO ski is worst on gravel IMO, CMX and yeti are just OK.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I dont have a good shot of just the ski, but here it is on my 2019 beta / yeti fr
46925486884_f1a0673076_h_d.jpg

We had a 2020 yeti, 2019 yeti, 2019 timbersled ARO, and my bike with CMX ski. The CMX ski carves better than any ski there, especially in powder. The ARO ski is a bit more forgiving in junk snow still, but I like the CMX ski a lot. The 20 yeti ski is not bad, still darts and grabs a bit in crust, feels similar in pow, although the CMX holds a carve a hair more. We jumped back and forth from all the bikes over different snow conditions to get a good feel. I', very happy with the CMX ski. it tends to follow in a straight line on the trail vs the TS ARO which kind of floats vs the yeti ski which tends to dart. ARO ski is worst on gravel IMO, CMX and yeti are just OK.
any good bottom skeg pics?

E
Dec 19, 2007
Thanks for the input. My feel of the 2020 yeti ski is it still likes to turn uphill on it's own in the spring. Does the cmx feel that way too? Are the cmx sides perfectly straight or is there still a slight curve? It looks great so far.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I've been running very dense rubber pucks between the spindle and ski . It was because I got tired of the junk rubber the manufactures offer so it was by accident that I noticed the benefit . Believe it or not being more rigid helps alleviate the front from washing out at times . The aftermarket boys have dialed into this in the snowmobile industry offering multiple options and a machine with two skis is a lot more forgiving than one so it's gonna make a difference one way or the other .

That ski on the beta/yeti picture set up looks like it could use a little help since it's just sitting there with the ski angled down .You don't want the ski to willingly pivot forward , It should be sitting on the back half of the ski to a certain extent . That is how rigid it needs to be to make a difference . Try it , what do you have to loose . It will make you a more aggressive rider and who doesn't want that :)

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
I've been running very dense rubber pucks between the spindle and ski . It was because I got tired of the junk rubber the manufactures offer so it was by accident that I noticed the benefit . Believe it or not being more rigid helps alleviate the front from washing out at times . The aftermarket boys have dialed into this in the snowmobile industry offering multiple options and a machine with two skis is a lot more forgiving than one so it's gonna make a difference one way or the other .

That ski on the beta/yeti picture set up looks like it could use a little help since it's just sitting there with the ski angled down .You don't want the ski to willingly pivot forward , It should be sitting on the back half of the ski to a certain extent . That is how rigid it needs to be to make a difference . Try it , what do you have to loose . It will make you a more aggressive rider and who doesn't want that :)
I’ve been wondering why we allow that pivot at all, or why it isn’t more rigidly controlled, with adjustable bump stops rather than these wedge things that seem like a carryover from the sled industry.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
It has to flex some otherwise that ski would beat the crap out of ya :) Reason why the true Flexi Ski concept is ingenious and is over looked by so many . Have you also noticed the newer sled skis are tapered in the back of the ski and also are becoming more curved and getting shorter behind the spindle . None of this is new it's just being improved .

The snowmobile aftermarket companies' are making bank off of what you just mentioned .

Premium Features