• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brc 500

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Brc 500 cvt snowbike.

5f3b79f2bd7fcd4b87c68e17c7df846f.jpg

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶c̶r̶5̶0̶0̶r̶i̶d̶e̶r̶s̶.̶c̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶b̶l̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶g̶u̶y̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶B̶R̶C̶ ̶5̶0̶0̶s̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶m̶o̶r̶e̶

edit: NVM, I was wrong, it was the panthera kit people were having problems with, not the BRC. sorry!!

Last edited:
E
Dec 19, 2007
As much as I don't like cvt I think the loss isn't as bad as some people think especially when paired to a narrow powerband. Its funny but I could swear its easier for me to keep a 250 on the pipe than a 500. It might have just been the fact that all the 500s had a crappy clutch and no over rev but thats how it seemed-more gappy between gears. The cvt will fix that issue for sure and the brccvt looks like a great alternative to a snowhawk! They will probably re-route the pipe so it hugs the tunnel.

2smokin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2018
Bozeman MT
Its hard to say but a lot of people say around 15% loss, even if its 10% I wonder how a 500 with a wider power band tuned/pipe would do stacked up to the cvt. I guess we will see, the one thing i think really helps the smokers is track speed, if you can keep it spinning it makes the gearing issue a mute point, but once you lose it and have to drop a gear It sure does slow you down.

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
Its hard to say but a lot of people say around 15% loss, even if its 10% I wonder how a 500 with a wider power band tuned/pipe would do stacked up to the cvt. I guess we will see, the one thing i think really helps the smokers is track speed, if you can keep it spinning it makes the gearing issue a mute point, but once you lose it and have to drop a gear It sure does slow you down.

It’s gotta be more than that I’d bet a geared trans has at least 10%

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
I actually noticed that too after I posted.... seems like the site is down which is super weird. been like that for a few weeks now. not sure whats going on there.

I emailed the email that sent me my confirmation link when signing up to ask what happened. ill let you know if I hear anything back.

C
Mar 9, 2017
Lethbridge, AB
I don't recall seeing anything about the BRC kits, but there was a lot of talk about issues with the Panthera e-start kits.

oooohhhhhh maybe youre right, I cant remember now TBH. it was a few months ago I was reading the thread but I knew it was one of the two. too bad the site isnt working right now so we could all see.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Newport, WA
Not finding that website?? Is it a misprint?

No it's a real thing, but the site is currently down and won't be back up for quite some time. Here's the straight scoop from someone in the know.

The “Mongolian monster” is in a cancer battle. He is a fellow admin and his role was the hosting of the site.
It hasn’t been brought to his attention yet, it’s felt that he doesn’t need to stress about it.
Other members are capable of accomplishing the same task, but it’s not been done to not step on his toes.
It will happen, it needs patience for a fellow member tied up in something much more serious.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
RMK 550 is about a straight match for a 450 snow bike in a drag race about 60 hp there on a sled 100 pounds heavier sled but usually the kids trying to race me. So 75 hp in a slightly lighter application should do just fine when dialed properly. To not have the loss of track speed when shifting will be huge.

wonderdummy

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2007
oooohhhhhh maybe youre right, I cant remember now TBH. it was a few months ago I was reading the thread but I knew it was one of the two. too bad the site isnt working right now so we could all see.

Definitely talking about the panthera stuff on cr500riders not the BRC500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chumbilly1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Yeah, so few BRCs out there right now, I doubt you would hear much. Also that pic of cvt bike is in early prototype stage. Exhaust and skidframe will definitely be refined. I heard a ballpark price on the cvt bike and I'm gonna be hoping that my BRC 500 with yeti or cmx will keep me happy.

R
Apr 18, 2016
Nothing Bad said so far about the BRC..motors or the burrito at El Pollo Loco.

I am a moderator at CR500riders and a friend of the Monster, not sure when the site will be back up, just hoping Monster wins his battle...it has sort of taken the fire out of anyone who plays on that site and personally knows the guy, which is pretty much anyone involved in running the site. We just had our yearly meet up. I couldn't ride this year because my shoulder is ruined. He was complaining of some pain, a week later he was saying he has stage 4 pancreatic...I couldn't be more bummed. I see him once a year and we hang out and ride nasty single track for a week, then text/talk **** all year. He shook my hand when leaving and said he was bummed I couldn't ride this year that I always make it fun out there and he would see me next year.

I'm holding him to it.

Anyway tons of problems with the e start, nothing about this BRC. I have a little Vespa I cruise around on I got really cheap. It's a 250 and I pulls me at like 70mph up the hill out of my house and I weigh 260. Thats pretty good, those CVT's may rob some power but they seem to keep things in the good power range when set up proper. The little Vespa moves pretty good and as an added bonus pisses everyone off at the Harley shop when I pull in to get parts. Haha

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
that panthera thing looked like a dump right off the start when they started peddling it.

BRC appears to be able to build a motor, hope they can figure out a chassis.

SteepNdeep450

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2014
Bozeman, MT
The panthera seemed like a cool idea but from what I heard people were having trouble even assembling them.

If you guys get a minute you should check out this podcast snowbike nation did with BRC. He talks all about the development of the BRC 500 and all their background in kart racing engines. I have full belief after listening to it that those guys understand and took a lot into consideration when designing and building that engine.

Premium Features