• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020's Khaos Rmk & Pro Rmk 155" - Rider Review

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
Nah, i dont compare the khaos to the old assault. Assault had things that didnt made it that nimble in the deep snow. The competition track for instance really suffered in the deep snow and was mainly for hard packed/setup/spring snow.
And it also had wider a-arms, chaincase etc.

The Khaos is still capable as the pro rmk in the deep snow. But its just abit more playful. Its not alot, but you will notice it!
For people that like to jump alot then i think the khaos will be a better choice.

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Thanks for the info.

Most dealers ordered the Assault with the powder track. We never got one with a comp.

I will be excited to demo one.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
Don’t they also share the diffetent limiter strap and higher torque arm attach point?

We used to buy Assaults for the chain case and then make them act more like a Pro by modifying the limiter and torque arm mount.

Again, no seat time and havent seen one in person, which is why I’m curious.

The assault just mounted in a different hole but shared the same parts with the Pro, whereas the Khaos actually has a longer torque arm, longer limiter strap, and longer front track shock.

The Khaos uses the same rail tip profile as the assault did.

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I'm curious about if/when the aftermarket world is going to be testing a conversion for the regular pro and how well that does or doesn't work.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
I'm curious about if/when the aftermarket world is going to be testing a conversion for the regular pro and how well that does or doesn't work.
Good thought. I guess they would? Very simple mod that could be adjusted, even nullified, with adjustable limiter strap.

Just need confirmation on tunnel mounting position (rmk? Assault? Between?) and torque-arm length.

Would also make another combo/"tuning" for 163" sleds.

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska

I know of one company that does suspensions that has already been out to look at it, and Ice Age is making custom rails. But next season if you wanted to update your 19 you could also just go order the factory 2020 Polaris parts and go that route.

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
May sincere hope is that the Production sleds that the consumer receives are as good as the 2020 validation sleds that are out there now.

It was nice to see them upgrade the bottom end PTO bearing on the 2020 along with some other refinements...

I agree. The 2020 Khaos was a lot of fun to ride in Different snow conditions. I rode it between 9 and 12,000 feet elevation at different locations. The mapping was spot on and an improvement over the 19 reflash. I will go out on a limb and say these are the best factory shocks I’ve ever rode from Polaris. If I snow check one I’m keeping those shocks on.
The new rail and front track arm geometry along with longer front track shock make this a very playful sled. The stock Axys is excellent for most people, this package will appeal to those that want to make the sled do even more. For example in the steep tight trees if I needed to point the front end up you simply step back a little further on the running board like the stock Axys. The Khaos just does it quicker and more aggressive. If you’re climbing a steep hill straight up a slight step back on the boards and you can carry in the front end almost as if you had a turbo. Now I’m wishing I had even more seat time. Think I will say it again, I was impressed with the shock package! And no I don’t get paid by Polaris.

Last edited:

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Utilizing a longer front torque arm and moving the tunnel mount position forward increases ski lift. A 1” longer arm makes a huge difference.
We used the same approach and modified the old xtra lite suspension utilizing the Edge front torque arm.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utilizing a longer front torque arm and moving the tunnel mount position forward increases ski lift. A 1” longer arm makes a huge difference.

We used the same approach and modified the old xtra lite suspension utilizing the Edge front torque arm.
Ok cool.

The position is also very effective. Assault vs. RMK. I found out that my Axys had both front and rear positions lower on the tunnel side than my Pro. Exactly 10mm seems like.

I did not like that and fought to keep the sled from raising the front and dashing left or right, so I actually drilled a hole 14mm higher to combat this (front).
Rear I moved even further! Used the rivet hole for that little wear-plate on the inside of the brackets.

This together with going to a 163" (2.6) track made it a climbing monster!!
No wheelies but man does it tackle the steep! I washed out on a steep sidehill and went backwards against a tree.
Joked with buddy about just pinning it forward and.. Voila! Up, up and away!

So that old concept from the 80s on the Indy wedge chassis, with 3 predrilled holes in that steel reinforcement plate on the inside of the tunnel.. It works!!

And with these new chassis, small changes makes a difference.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Ok cool.

The position is also very effective. Assault vs. RMK. I found out that my Axys had both front and rear positions lower on the tunnel side than my Pro. Exactly 10mm seems like.

I did not like that and fought to keep the sled from raising the front and dashing left or right, so I actually drilled a hole 14mm higher to combat this (front).
Rear I moved even further! Used the rivet hole for that little wear-plate on the inside of the brackets.

This together with going to a 163" (2.6) track made it a climbing monster!!
No wheelies but man does it tackle the steep! I washed out on a steep sidehill and went backwards against a tree.
Joked with buddy about just pinning it forward and.. Voila! Up, up and away!

So that old concept from the 80s on the Indy wedge chassis, with 3 predrilled holes in that steel reinforcement plate on the inside of the tunnel.. It works!!

And with these new chassis, small changes makes a difference.

That’s in the realm of what I have been contemplating testing on an 850. But utilizing shock lengths to start and shorter spindle. Track to torque arm clearance up front is tight. A better attack angle would be accomplished also.
Back to topic, will need a new thread for that.

Last edited:
Premium Features