• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Khaos choice of lugs

J
Nov 13, 2015
Sweden
I have a 2018 pro 155 series 6 now. Was coming from a 850 154 Summit. I miss the transfer (ok not all of it) so I will spring order a Khaos.
Have had some issues with the sled not beeing unstuck so easy, guys I ride with are 3” BRP that just seems to have som much easier to come out of the hole. Also the Alpha is the same.
The series 6 seems to soft to really dig in, especially if you hit an old harder areas
Would the series 7 be better in terms of going slower in the woods? Also for not beeing stuck so easy when slowing down. I like the 6 when you have speed on it, but could trade a bit of trenching for those diggings you need sometimes.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Series 7 is soft. Not sure I am a fan of it. It will trench or auger a little. It will not crawl out of a hole like the alpha track.

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
Get the quickdrive version and swap track and drivers for a camso x3 or x2.7.

I did and so far I love it, perfect for our conditions. Alot more bite in more setup snow and does the job in powder.

J
Nov 13, 2015
Sweden
Get the quickdrive version and swap track and drivers for a camso x3 or x2.7.

I did and so far I love it, perfect for our conditions. Alot more bite in more setup snow and does the job in powder.

Yes, I have also been adviced the Challenger extreme 2,5” or the Talon but holy cow this will be an expensive sled. Just strange they can not provide an allround track, was hoping for the series 7. I have not tried that one.
On the other hand, perhaps the Khaos will dig a bit more due to the steeper track angle??

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
The 3” will dig down quicker and bite harder when there’s a base down there somewhere imo. If it’s just powder the 2.6” trenches less. People on here like the x3 but I’ve ridden an axys with one back to back with a stock 2.6” and would never spend the money on the x3. It’s a good track...but not enough of an improvement, if any imo.

If you want to spend money, do a powerclaw. If you don’t want to spend money just ride it...if an axys is getting stuck more than a Doo...it’s the operator ;)

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
After spending days on the Khaos in varying snow conditions in Colorado I would keep the factory 2.6” track on it. With the new rail and front track arm geometry the sled hops up on the snow even quicker than the stock Axys.

Last edited:

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
After spending days on the Khaos in varying snow conditions in Colorado I would keep the factory track on it. With the new rail and front track arm geometry the sled hops up on the snow even quicker than the stock Axys.

I didn't think it was possible to wheelie more and hop up on the snow better. One always sacrifices the other in my experience.
I'll be running the 2.6 if I check this sled too. Maybe put some extroverts on the drive shaft to run her looser.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Did it have the 2.6 or the 3.0 on it? Any chance you could do a review of the Khaos to let everyone know your opinions on it?

I’ve been traveling out west for almost a month now. I don’t have my laptop with me and I’m now in Jackson Hole and will be heading to Idaho and Montana soon. I have GoPro footage of each but will probably need to wait till I get home to upload unless one of my friends can do it along the way.
It had the 2.6” on it.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I didn't think it was possible to wheelie more and hop up on the snow better. One always sacrifices the other in my experience.
I'll be running the 2.6 if I check this sled too. Maybe put some extroverts on the drive shaft to run her looser.

I was surprised at that as well but that’s exactly what they were looking for with the new rail geometry longer front track shock and longer front track arm. I wouldn’t say my Axys 800 or 850s wheelied unless I set my suspension up for that which I do not. Everyone is different on how they like theirs set up. I like mine a little more planted and predictable however this Khaos set up is wickedly fun....but in the over 50 club I’m too old for the BNG lol

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I was surprised at that as well but that’s exactly what they were looking for with the new rail geometry longer front track shock and longer front track arm. I wouldn’t say my Axys 800 or 850s wheelied unless I set my suspension up for that which I do not. Everyone is different on how they like theirs set up. I like mine a little more planted and predictable however this Khaos set up is wickedly fun....but in the over 50 club I’m too old for the BNG lol

I believe they are after a segment of the Doo market.
Doo riders complain the AXYS is to planted, heavy front end. I’ve heard it over and over.
Personally, I don’t like pushing a chain up the street or hearding mosquitoes. I like to stay in control LOL.
In fact I’m contemplating doing something outside the “new wave” box. I’ll see what happens.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I believe they are after a segment of the Doo market.
Doo riders complain the AXYS is to planted, heavy front end. I’ve heard it over and over.
Personally, I don’t like pushing a chain up the street or hearding mosquitoes. I like to stay in control LOL.
In fact I’m contemplating doing something outside the “new wave” box. I’ll see what happens.

You are onto something. They did have some diehard Doo guys out that we’re able to ride the Khaos as well and they liked it better than the standard Axys. I still struggle on the Doo gen 4. Will some convert to the Axys? Time will tell, some that liked the React front end were worried about first year engine problems. However at the end of the season we are seeing very few motor problems compared to the total number out there.
I’m interested to see what you come up with TRS!

Last edited:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I know what they are talking about. When the snow is deep the doo is more fun and effortless. The alpha is in a whole other level of its own. When playing in the trees it is really hard to beat an axys. They will sell a bunch of the kaos sleds for a little more all around fun.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I know what they are talking about. When the snow is deep the doo is more fun and effortless. The alpha is in a whole other level of its own. When playing in the trees it is really hard to beat an axys. They will sell a bunch of the kaos sleds for a little more all around fun.

The new Khaos geometry definitely makes the front feel lighter. I spent a lot of time on the prototype Alpha last year as well. The video that the western Cat representative shot of me covered all the changes and my opinions of the sled. It was a real positive change from the standard M but still had a weak point that I couldn’t recover from. They asked some other Cat pro riders to put it in the same situation and they couldn’t recover either. This led to stock front shock valve changes that helped. This year l rode the Alpha and it did feel better than the prototype.
Back on subject, some people want “part” of the Khaos and part standard RMK. I posted how this can be accomplished in this post: https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448934
It is hard to beat an Axys in the trees!
I was asked in PM about my feedback on the Alpha. I don’t want to side track this post so if you’re interested in “some” of that feedback it’s here: https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4154912#post4154912

Last edited:
Premium Features